Sign in to follow this  
Creepy847

The Power of Hurricane Frances

Hurricane Frances is so strong right now that it could power all the electricity required by the entire world for 5 hours.

The Kennedy Space Center closed at 3 p.m., and took precautions to protect its shuttles and sensitive equipment. Employees were sent home.

The U.S. Navy and Air Force prepared to move ships and planes out of the storm's path, Pentagon officials said. They said it can take up to 72 hours to get a ship under way.

Palm Beach County, Florida, ordered its 300,000 residents to evacuate, Brevard County ordered its 185,000 residents to leave, and shelters were set up in Indian River County

Its amazing that nature has a way of humbling any nation an letting us know that we arent really in control of the important things.

R/S

Creepy847

Semper Fi.

I heard on the news the other day that this storm, if it does hit Florida, will be the most powerful hurricane to hit there in a century.

Navy Chief

Did you know why mostly hurricanes has a woman name?

Answer: They come wild, wet and spectucalair. And when they leave are you missing your house, hope and happiness.

Salute

Dutchy

ps. Hopely know one of you has really damage from the Hurricanes.

Dagger and all you other Marines will appreciate this,

When I was on Okinawa for a month-long det in 1996, we went through a typhoon. I was stuck in a barracks on the airforce base with about 15 Gysgts. We had about 15 cases of beer, and enough MRIs to last the storm. Naturally, everyone was instructed to stay in the building. At one point, I looked out the window, and there in the parking lot, were two Marines, with a shopping cart, complete with broomstick and bedsheet, ......sailing across the parking lot. It was hysterical!

Fortunately, they didn't get hurt.

Navy Chief

They said it can take up to 72 hours to get a ship under way.

Trust Me guy,it dont take that long lol.bet yesterday they began two sections on two off in norfolk and mayport..if they didn't just lock it down..

I heard on the news the other day that this storm, if it does hit Florida, will be the most powerful hurricane to hit there in a century.

Navy Chief

well Chief,the damm thing IS going to have a lot of over water time,that is the way they grow to be Big..yeah feel sorry for florida,they going get at very least a cat 4+ storm if not a 5 or maybe a off scale one..dangerous hell yes!!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded this off of the NOAA site.

Unbelievable.

Navy Chief

I just downloaded this off of the NOAA site.

Unbelievable.

Navy Chief

pretty eye tho....damm its well defined...

The entire city of Miami Beach, with its Art Deco hotels and glitzy nightclubs and restaurants, was under an evacuation order in Miami-Dade County for a total of about 320,000 people in coastal and low-lying areas. Statewide, more than 1 million people were under evacuation orders.

Damm this sounds rather direct!..must be one hell of a dog and pony show

Patricia Thomas, 40, of Vero Beach, had trouble finding gas for her BMW coupe because no stations had premium fuel. "I just want to fill up my car and get far away from here," she said, her eyes puffy and red. "I'm mad, I'm frustrated, I'm scared. I'm not in a good place right now."

gee my flipping heart bled for her...wonder if she knows her little beemer will run just fine on GASP!!!!!!!!! regular...this is one lady needs get her priorities right,or maybe just get a life lol.....but seriously,this storm sounds like a major major one

That women doesnt have a clue this storm is the size of texas an shes worried about fcking fuel grades LMAO. Well if you dont get your ass somewhere safe you wont have to worry about your BMW or anything else for that matter. Hopefully this storm wont cause total destruction to Florida but then on the other hand taking the strength of this storm an what lies in front of it theres a very good chance that there will be much destruction to property owners an unfortunately it will probably cause loss of life.

History has a way of repeating itself. If you try to sit this one out Id call you a fool an if you didnt get an earlier enough warning Id say you need to start paying attention to the weather.

Like they say "It depends on the weather".

Edited by Creepy847

That women doesnt have a clue this storm is the size of texas an shes worried about fcking fuel grades LMAO

bet bout now that lady aint much worried bout the gas huh...