Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

My OFF Alsace-Lorraine-Vosges Cockpit Map

Greetings All,

As I've been flying quite a bit over the last few months down in the Alsace and since I've been learning the area quite well in the process, I thought I would share the cockpit map I have been building and adjusting in the course of said flying. Please keep in mind this is a work in progress and I don't have the exact locations of all the airfields dialed in yet, nor have I painted in all the various little lakes and other landmarks that I am sure still exist in this region, (though I've found and added quite a few already). I seem to find something new with every flight so I am continually correcting and tweaking this map. But it is getting more and more accurate to OFF as time goes on, (and for the first time ever the town of Nancy is now actually shown on the map where it is in the sim, though where it is in the sim is about 7 miles too far to the west of where it should be...c'est la guerre). With all that being said, I am posting the latest incarnation of the map here for those who fly with a paper map rather than the in-sim pop-up. I wish to extend my thanks to Waldemar Kurtz for making the original old maps available and from which I have built this composite.

OFF_Alsace_Lorraine_Vosges_Map.jpg

I will continue to update this image as I make further corrections and additions. Also, if anyone who decides to use this map happens across something that should be added or corrected please let me know and I will address the item in question.

Cheers!

Lou

Looks like I can fill the Entente airfield gaps in my map with your help, Lou.

And when it's ready, you may find some more German fields in mine.

it looks very nice. keep up the good work.

I like these maps because of the handy legend in the bottom-- as well as the distance scale. it's very nice when planning out flights in real-time (if you, for example, want to accomplish the mission without following the game's specified waypoints and altitudes)

Thanks Olham and WK. I had some time this AM to get all the lakes painted into the St. Mihiel salient and also dialed in the drome locations on either side of the mud. I've never flown too much in that sector with the paper maps and was surprized how very, very easy it is to navigate around in due to all the unique landmarks.

Cheers!

Lou

Now that looks great... could do with it as well as I keep getting lost I think I have even overflown some Swiss Chocolates...

I've been flying campaigns using the Google maps. It's easy to get lost . Is there a way to download your Alsace map?

jlan5013, just right-click on the map and use "save as..." to save it where you want.

jlan5031, I am glad to know you are going to give the map a try. Also, thanks to you Slarti for your kudos and I hope you will find the map useful as well, though happening across some fine Swiss chocolates in your unguided ramblings couldn't have been all bad. And to all who have downloaded this chart, you will want to grab the latest edition I've just uploaded to replace the old image here. I've made several more corrections as of this AM.

And a final thank you in this note to Herr Olham for the German drome locations he sent me yesterday for the far northwestern area of the Lorraine. They will come in very handy when we expand into the Verdun/Metz area of the front.

Cheers!

Lou