Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Star Trek: Bridge Commander

Some screenshots I've taken lately on Bridge Commander. I've edited some of the photos, but I also provided the stock photo with it as well.

STOCK

ScreenShot000.png

STOCK

borderwars1600.png

EDITED

borderwars1600e.png

STOCK

CounterStrike.png

EDITED

CounterStrike2b.png

Edited by serverandenforcer

great shots, I am going ot have to get this game. You might check the Aftermath forum as they are making a mod for BC.

I have fond memories of this game. Commanding from a bridge with a virtual crew, quite realistacally recreated in 3d, was a concept never explored before in space sims I believe. I also remember having great difficulties with one of the earlier missions where you had to take on 2 romulan capital ships...:good:

great shots, I am going ot have to get this game. You might check the Aftermath forum as they are making a mod for BC.

Yeah, but most of those models are very low poly. Right now there's a team making a Delta Quadrant pack. BC has evolved big time from how it was originally released... and none of it was from the original developers. It's all contributions from the BC community. If you get the right mods, your BC install can be on par with the current games, and this game was made back in 2002!

I never got this when it came out, but I borrowed a copy from a friend several years later and played it, maybe in 2005? Anyway, I thought it was quite good and a fine successor (and unfortunately end) to the line of ST capital ship games. The lamest was probably Starfleet Academy. The hardest was the TNG one Spectrum Holobyte made in the mid-90s...the starship combat was almost impossible to follow, but the stuff with the characters on the surface and all was fine.

My favorite was Klingon Academy, the pinacle of FMV space games in the Wing Cmdr 3/4/5 tradition, with both Christopher Plummer and David Warner reprising their ST6 roles in this prequel to the film. It had its issues with combat, but was still great in terms of story, acting, and ambience.

Bridge Commander perfected the combat, but didn't quite live up to the rest of KA's lineage. Still, for a game to be modded years on down the road, that was more important, and dumping FMV made the game more timeless.