Sign in to follow this  
cgold

New L-39 Back Transfer

I have a very updated and patched-up version of SFp1...so moving away from it is going to be tough. I have a few backwards-transfered aircraft for SF2 in SFp1 (the new F-14's, a B-1B)...I do the Unicode to ANSI 'conversion' for the files I need to...but all I get is a still (non-moving), invisible object...any ideas? I have visited the SF2 Knowledge Base on this and nothing seems out of the ordinary in what I'm doing...

post-18157-009301400 1291847763.jpg

(Pic to help illustrate what's going on.)

The lod might be in Unicode, therefore nothing you can do about it.

Perhaps it's time to bite the bullet, and move up?

wrench

kevin stein

The L-39 features DDS Skins over BMP and uses Bumpmapping. In that case, there is no chance to use the provided LOD in Generation 1 series as they don´t support both features. Unless there´s no Gen.1 version made by the creator, there´s nothing you can do to get it to work, sorry! :dntknw:

It´s worthless in SF1. due to the lods, sk8ins & Bump mapping.

I think it´s time for you to make a step forward and get over to the Gen 2 sims from TW.

Either you buy SF2 or you use the old L-39ZA which is available in downloadsection (cold war planes/trainers)

Ouch...oh well. It may be time to up my stuff. I had the older model L-39ZA...yet this one looked so good, I couldn't help to see if it could go to SFp1. Thank you for the help, guys. :salute:

post-18157-002161600 1291934501.jpg

Edited by cgold

Honestly there is no real sense in SFp1. Not even supported and the nifty new features available? Yeah I like SF2 :smile:

The only POSSIBLE exception is the WOI expansion pack which supposedly supports SOME of the new SF2 features.

FC

Sorry to keep restating the obvious...

1stGens are Dead ... Long Live the King!!

wrench

kevin stein