Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

MOH:Pacific Assult

First I must say I found it hard to believe that they were going to try and top a truely great game...so my expectations were high and nothing short of stunning would satisfy me.

I found out they had released the demo so I went and got it..WOW what a demo!a hugh download and a short wait later I was installing it.On start up I had to set it up and after looking at system specs I decided that I would try it with the res set kinda high...and the system specs are high! they recommend a 2.0 or better CPU and 512 megs of ram.

I started game and as soon as it came into the game screen I started noticing the attention to detail...the dirty uniforms,the sweaty,grimmy faces and battle worn helmets.Nothing pretty here and it gives you the feel you're there.you play as Tommy a rifleman,and you get a feel for the game real fast as after an initial firefight you get to see their officer put his pistol away and pull his sword out.It's a bonzi charge and you have to stop them!I was wounded and called for a corpsman,I was watching him work on me when he reached into his pocket and pulled a morphine shot out and gave it to me...he also will open a pack and sprinkle meds on your wounds,but not before taking time to wipe his forehead.it was then I noticed the boold on his helmet and uniform...my hero!

The graphics...well they ARE stunning and game play was smooth.as with the origional game the realism is unbelieveable.the weapons are only as good as you are and if you're not careful you'll only wound your target and he'll be able to kill you as you advance.your team mates talk to you alot and the fog of war is very real in this one as you'll find yourself ready to shoot anybody or anything that moves.

Will I be buying this game..YES!! I have to say the demo is one fo the best I've seen and game play is smooth.graphics are fantastic and sound is very real.the enterface is easy and like the first game the feel is second to none!was I disappointed? NO I am impressed and if this is the quality of the real game then I'm sure that everyone will love this sim...the only draw back is the system requirments...it's a stud of a game and it takes a stud of a system to run it.

i download it on this computer (my old pentium 3)

and i'll transfer the installation file as soon as i get my new pc back

thanks for sharing ur thoughts

btw, it's MOH:Pacific Assualt not CoD hehe :lol:

DOH..I was playing a little CoD online and guess I had it on my mind..fixed that!

DOH..I was playing a little CoD online and guess I had it on my mind..fixed that!

i loved CoD, it was excellent :D

had a chance to play online for a little bit...

but i can't anymore :blink:

i was playing it yesterday and today. absolutely awesome game. i was playing it at 1280x1024 maxxed out. definitely pays to have a dx 9 card. Im definitely going to buy this game. you guys really need to download this demo. yeah its a bit heavy at 534 mb but it is worth it. the graphics, environment, jungle vegetation, the phenomenal attention to detail like the morphine shot, the powder the cogulates the blood to reduce bleeding, the squad system which allows for advancement, cover fire, suppression fire, and flanking manuvers, and form on leader tactics, the AI soldiers you fight with have life in them, they react and act realistically as well as retreat or advance realistically based on your performance at shooting accuracy and overall agrressive behavior.the fog of war is definitely there youll find your self shooting at random occasionally having your soldiers going in your line of fire, forcing you to think before you shoot, using your environment in order to overtake the enemy in their position. the enemy AI is top notch as they will form squads and flanking manuvears in order to get a better angle on your current position they react boldy if you arent shooting accurately or falling back constantly, as well as on the other end of the spectrum will call for assistance or charge u in their famous banzi charge as a last attempt to take you out. If this demo is any indication of whats to come? i think we are gonna have a absolute blast this coming month or 2 when it comes out. People gonna say what about COD COD WHo? COD is a bold awesome game but this game thus far puts to shame COD not only with graphical prowess, but Intelligent AI, squad tactics, reaction action behavior based on the current situation, oh they definitely throw back grenades so id advise you to cook those nades so they are less likely to pick them up, also i found if they dont have enough to pick up that grenade they jump out the way as fast as possible. there is so much to say about this demo, but lets wait til the game actually comes out. I am definitely buying this game, i think it will be my next piece of virtual crack to gnaw on for the next couple weeks or more both on single player and multiplayer cause if they AI is any indication, the single player campaign will be different every time, with mutliple outcomes. GET the demo thats all i can say. i hope u have a good system, it says 2 ghz with 512 MB ram, and 128 MB of video memory DX8/DX9 card but i found it plays awesome if you have a 3 GHZ PEntium 4 or a 3200+ AMD ( 64 bit will only improve performance but not a requirement) 1 GB of DDR with a 9700 pro or above or a nvidia 5900 or above which explains my playing it at 1280x1024 ( also higher the refresh rate is important experiment with it) well thats all for now have fun and lets see some pics people. :ph34r: :blink: :P :D

my system

3200+ xp AMD

1.5 GB PC3200 DDR400 2.5 latency ocz memory copper heatsinks

ATI 9800 PRO 128 380/680mhz (oc'ed to 420/730mhz) ocz bga copper heatsinks

Audigy 2 LZ Gamer

thermal take Volcano 12 extreme

Edited by darkpresence=JW=

it's not working on GeForce 4 MX :(

and it can take a while till i get a new video card

Runs pretty well on my desktop at 1024x768 32 bit at 85 hz.

AMD XP 2000+

512 meg ram

ATI 9600XT 128 meg

This game looks smokin'. I'm always hollering for the medic though. Just can't learn to keep my head down.

So far, I'm unimpressed with the demo. The graphics are great, but the gameplay is pretty standard. I don't see anything that brings the game quality up from COD. I dunno, I think it just suffers from the Doom 3 syndrome. "Too much make-up and not enough beauty."

well its still early, so once the full game comes out i think we can definitely decide and compare pros and cons of both this game and COD. but if you think about it, there is no real comparsion on gameplay cause both games take place thousand of miles apart not to mention a couple years apart. I'm not saying i dont love COD i do, but so far MOH not only looks better, but plays a bit easier, while simple interface is a bit more realistic and you have more control of your squad where as COD you dont they are basically independent of you regardless of what you do, not to mention if your ass is in the fire and injured in COD you cant expect someone in your squad to help you out. it may seem they are helping you they are merely engaging the enemy, where as in MOH:PA they actively and vocally engage your position to heal you, cover you when your ass is in the fire. I also like the fact that based on your performance and behavior is progressive, meaning when u do good, your squad mates are more responsive and morale is up, and visa versa they are less responsive less aggressive and tend not to engage the enemy face to face. well its still early as of yet, but i played enough WWII games to realize there is something to keep an eye on with this game.

I think I'm going to wait for Brothers in Arms :D

I've played MOHAA for about a year, and as fun as it was, I was beginning to get bored with it. Even though this is a different game, I'm afraid that playing it will get old a lot faster than if I hadn't played MOHAA.

BIA should be pretty good, hopefully. Unfortunately, I keep waiting for a WWII game as realistic as Raven Shield. Probably won't happen though, no one likes running into a single bullet and hitting the deck.