Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Back after a short absence

This is the first time I've had to sit and read the Pub in a while. Due to job and familiy I've been busy this past week.

As Navychief and some of the others know, my daughter was diagnosed with a hyper para-thyroid this spring. Well next week those glands come out. We have to take her to USC Med Cntr for the operation and looks like she'll be out of school for at least two weeks.

Spare a thought for her if you could, it's going to be rough on her for a few days.

Sorry about the firestorm I unleashed, my big regret was that I couldn't get back to my post and to add any thing more. I was surprised at the amount of replies it generated and saddened to see the direction it turned.

Chief, hope your move is going well. After we moved to this place my wife said it was the last move she's making. Yeah,right. Remember, friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

welcome back, hope ur daughter will be ok

let us know how is everything going

Cheers

Hey Charlie,

I'll be thinking of your daughter, and pray that all goes well.

We close on the "new" house on 15 Sept, but won't be moving until the 29th. We graciously allowed the sellers to remain in the house 'til then, because their new house (down the hill from their present one) won't be ready until then. We actually will be living on 6.61 acres of the owner's original 9 acres. The husband lost his job with the Levis company when they closed the nearby plant, and the job he has now pays half what he made with Levis. So they decided to build a smaller house, as all their kids are grown.

Navy Chief

Spare a thought for her if you could, it's going to be rough on her for a few days.

I will do much more than just spare guy!...