Sign in to follow this  
greendog

60's 70's era alternate RAF missions

I am in the process of creating an alternate history type campaign for the RAF during the 60's and 70's. A "what if" the defence white paper never took hold. So there will be TSR.2's and Lightnings zooming around doing there business (when the bucc is realeased that will feature too). The problem is that I was looking for P.1154 or P.1216 aircraft to act as the main multirole fighter type and was wondering if any models do exist, in the works or otherwise.

If they do not exists I would like to know if anyone could skin the YAK-41 (or 141) in 60's and 70's era RAF grey, green and white belly and RN Blue and white belly. As I feel it would look the part as a mix between the 1154 and 1216.

Thanks

No, they don't.

Why not just use the GR1 harrier, even if it's not quite the right shape, and call it a Kestrel? Save a hell of a lot of time in re-skinning

wrench

kevin stein

Why not just use the GR1 harrier, even if it's not quite the right shape, and call it a Kestrel?

It's a great aircraft but way too pedestrian when compared to what the P.1154 would have been like.

P1154.jpg

Edited by Spinners

Thanks for the replys, the GR.1 is too small and its performance is some what wanting. I had a go at adding some decals to the yak-41 and I also added the Harrier FRS1 Cockpit. I also used the Harrier FRS 1 flight model I have tweaked for SF2:E which works really well (injected it with some steroids to reach 1154 performace figures) I find it is a good stop gap but it is about the pinicle of my modding abilty (which isnt realy that high).

Hawker Siddely 1154/1216 Osprey FG.1

post-4717-010132900 1292190144.jpg

post-4717-003777600 1292190267.jpg

post-4717-043041500 1292190283.jpg