Sign in to follow this  
boomer71492

Installing LOMAC skins

Hello,

I get a strange message when I hit the install button in LoMan. It says;

A-10-OKRAS-L.BMP does NOT match original texture size so it has been installed to bazar\temp texture. I get the same for the right side BMP file? Does this imply that my skin change has not taken place and that the LoMan install did not make it to where it was supposed to go? Is the skin install supposed to go to bazar\world\worldtexturesbmp1.cdds?

How do I correct this situation? My cdds file, as read under windows explorer, is associated with notepad. Is that alright?

Thanks,

Boomer Jim

It means it wasnt converted to .cdds file. This usually means the files too large to compress(I think).

so what folder do we stick new download a-10 and f-15 skins. i've looked in the lock on folder and don't see anytype of acft skins folder.

Colwell1199

Sorry bout that...got confused. Use LOMAN to install your skins. If you do not have LOMAN just open the zip file and follow the directions on where they are supposed to go. FYI all skins secondhand made go into temptextures folder.

utley,

I do as you say; left and right hand skin files to the TempTexture folder, but the aircraft skin still does not change? Do I need to do something else; something to the cdds files?

Jim

When you load your mission choose from the different skins in the pull down window. One of the skins will be your skin.

RuggButt,

I did not see the drop down menu that you speak of. Could you be a little more specific about where in LOMAC that it is? I went into opening a mission and could not find it. I know that I seem relentless, but I just want to get it right.

Thanks, Jim

In the weapons loadout menu there is a window that says Colour Scheme. Open that and choose amongst each squadron color till you find the skin you installed. Notice the open window on the bottom left describing all the squadron choices...

ScreenShot_000.jpg

Choose Mission Editor. In any mission click on the Aircraft Icon at the top left. Next at the top right there is a pull down menu titled "Group", pull that down. You'll need to explore a little to find your plane, but if you look underneath at "Skill" you'll have "Player" in yellow writing when you find the plane you're supposed to fly. Click on the "Payload" red button at the top right, it will take you to the screen I posted above. The pull down box under Colour Scheme will let you choose your skins.

Edited by ruggbutt

RuggButt,

I have to thank you for that great screen print; was very easy to follow. Who would think that an aircraft skin would be in a weapons loadout?

THANKS ALOT!

Jim

If you have any other questions about the game, stop by this thread in our forums and grab ventrilo (voice comms). All the info to connect is there and I'll walk ya thru anything else you need help with.