Sign in to follow this  
thewoo1

crash to desktop alarming

Guys I have posted over the past couple of weeksabout getting my new computer after my other one died. So I basically spec out my computer to be used almost exclusivly for OFF and flight simulator. My other computer ran OFF without flaw.... NOW I have had three crashes to desktop.....One happenned on a map switch not on a scramble...the two others when I changed my target to the target attacker.. I was on the six of an Eindecker and another got on my six and started to hammer me .. I Changed the target....So bummed....I am running win 7-64 12 gb mem... quad four i7930 oc 1.5 meg on the nvidea gtx 480......I was running game booster withit to shut down the other processes... I read about a post where a program disable the cores or something as such but really dont want to do it......I took uncleals' post suggestion and resized the maps...but as I said the map isnt the only issue......

Edited by thewoo1

with that setup I doubt you need to run game booster. also, try running OFF without overclocking your CPU or maybe back it off a bit...

Edited by steve58

with that setup I doubt you need to run game booster. also, try running OFF without overclocking your CPU or maybe back it off a bit...

thanks steve will try it how do you unclock a computer that comes overclocked

In Win7 the WerSvc (Windows Error Reporting Service) is not started by default automatically. You might research how to start and use this feature as it might give you some insight to the problem. CTDs are difficult to diagnose because generally there are no error logs written and that's why I mention the WerSvc. However without some technical assistance or background the error reports are not easily deciphered as they reference an illegal call or resource in hex format and if it's something as fundamental as hardware related it's even more difficult.

I'm not an OFF expert so my insights are limited but I'd consider:

1) Does your machine run CFS3 or MSFS without any issues?

2) Does your machine have the latest install of DX9 (I believe Win7 uses DX10 but CFS and MSFS use DX9 so an additional install is required)?

3) Does DX9 report any errors (using the diagnostic tool)?

Wish I could be more help but as a consolation you're in the right place the guys here are top notch at figuring this stuff out.

E

One tip - make sure your AV program is set to use the game mode

(that means, when you run something full screen - which means any game -

your AV won't try to update, and won't do other performance-hungry things).

Is game booster a program, that really does improve gaming performance?

One tip - make sure your AV program is set to use the game mode

(that means, when you run something full screen - which means any game -

your AV won't try to update, and won't do other performance-hungry things).

Is game booster a program, that really does improve gaming performance?

Olham I Love game booster its free and it shuts down all background processes... I used to just use taskmanager but games booster shuts things down I didnt even know I had running

As ridiculous as this may sound, I would take the video out of the big picture. By lowering all OFF Video Sliders to 2, and crank down the object density in workshop

. . . Not to burst any bubbles, but be sure your Auto Updates are not given free run of the place, because now there's a 32bit Security Update, that WILL Crash OFF

PS . . . FSX might not be top notch on a 64bit system, as it was never made for it

Hey uncleal to you start OFF as an Admin in win7?

Olham I Love game booster its free and it shuts down all background processes... I used to just use taskmanager but games booster shuts things down I didnt even know I had running

I considered Game Booster once 'till I saw

this and this