Sign in to follow this  
gosd

installing in win7/32

I am trying to install OFF phase2 in win7/32.The installer runs fine but when I go to the exe the screen resolution changes to 1024X768 and I get a Vids:IV50 not found message.Then the installer stops there. Any idea how to get it running?

I am trying to install OFF phase2 in win7/32.The installer runs fine but when I go to the exe the screen resolution changes to 1024X768 and I get a Vids:IV50 not found message.Then the installer stops there. Any idea how to get it running?

not sure if this is going to help, but try right clicking on the executable, and a: run as administator, b: select properties, and set the compatibility to run in xp

Edited by sitting_duck

not sure if this is going to help, but try right clicking on the executable, and a: run as administator, b: select properties, and set the compatibility to run in xp

Thanks for the tip. I now can go to the video intro but not further. I also get the following message: run time error'429'

activeX component cant create object

As soon as that video starts, try hitting Esc. . . And be sure you're running a legit CFS3 Disc #2 . . . those No CD cracks won't work

You realize you're in uncharted territory

I tried hitting Esc... and I am running a legit Disc#2 but unfortunately I am still not able to run OFF phase 2. I can get it started right till the end of the video and that is all. When I do so the size of my screen is reduced to 1024X768 and locked and I get the message:'' run time error'429' ActiveX component cant create object''. The only way I can get out of this is by shutting the computer off and restarting and eve then I have to reset manually the resolution of the screen to 1680X1050.

How stubborn of me! If i use the OFF phase 3 game, will I be able to run OFF phase 2 missions?

How stubborn of me! If i use the OFF phase 3 game, will I be able to run OFF phase 2 missions?

A) assuming you can get the installer to finish running, you'll be hit in the chops by the need to install the MSSTDFMT. DLL which was manditory to run Phase 2 on XP. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Because IF . . and that's Big IF you locate that .DLL

You still need to install it . . IN . . Your Operating System . . Scratch what I said IF Windows 7 has it installed already

B) In one word NO. . . However Phase 3 the missions all work, as far as I'm concerned the 3rd party missions in Phase 2 only have an increased level of action over the campaigns

With existing Phase 3 'Manager' the level of action can be manipulated, by enlisting a campaign pilot in the Spring of 1918.

That way you'll wish your father never met your mother. 12 on 12 furballs are commonplace, as is 16 on 6, and you've got the six ( plus all the aircraft that existed in 1918 were very good at killing )

Sooo have two types of pilots . . those who enlisted in 1916, . . .and those who enlisted in the Spring of 1918 . . well three actually. . don't forget your Test Pilots in QC only ( they're expendable )