Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

Patch December 2010-C is out!

Crazyhorse, taking off from Carrier is working

Negative it is not working.....

It doesn't matter I just deleted the entire SF2 folder........ Guess I will play IL-2 until this crap gets fixed.

And ROGER...... Don't worry Diego all our Vietnam stuff is saved I am just going to groundzero reinstall and leave out the abortion so we can continue working.

Maybe it's time to make a signatories list demanding TK to to reinstall the beta tests before putting his stuff up for sale.. I wouldn't buy a unfinished car either.

Whilst I completely agree about beta-testers (i.e the apparent lack of) I'm certain that TK will put these problems right in the very near future thus maintaining the continuous and progressive improvement of the series that we have enjoyed and the only thing I'd like to add is "least said soonest mended".

Keep the faith!

Negative it is not working.....

I tried the take off training mission and took off from the carrier's deck

Edited by Murphy'S

Is everyone done freaking out?

Okay, now that someone around here has done some troubleshooting, I can tell you what is happening, and for you custom mission makers, how to fix it.

First, carrier missions can still work normally...the included CARRIER_TAKEOFF single mission works normally, the aircraft starts on the 'pult.

The solution I will provide will work on custom single missions, or missions you save with the editor, but you need Notepad.

Make your mission, then go into Notepad with it and look for this line:

AdjustStartPosition=TRUE

Change it to:

AdjustStartPosition=FALSE

Save. The mission will now start on the runway...or catapult.

I tried this with all the sims (stock only, haven't tried this yet with a custom aircraft or install) and the solution worked everytime. Now, obviously this won't work for campaigns, or missions created on the fly. But it will allow you to fly those single missions you have painstakingly created.

More importantly, it can help TK narrow down what's causing it and fix it. I agree he does need beta testers, and I'm really curious why he isn't using some.

FC

PS For the hell of it, I did it in reverse. I took a mission that was working (CARRIER_TAKEOFF), and broke it by putting AdjustStartPosition to TRUE. So it's that variable. I've relayed the info to TK as well.

Yes, beta testers are a must...

but hell, we've been through such issues earlier, and quite rapidly, TK fixed them all, so I don't worry much, I will wait a bit then apply D patch when out

• Like 1

hmmmm might just have to wait till patch Z comes out..... :grin: .

I also have a funny feeling that lots of the issues that are around since Exp2 are because we're all being used as beta testers for the Tomcat sim. :spiteful:

I hope F-14 wil be well worth it to endure all the bugs in post-release period... ^_^

For me the glass is half full, and I don't wear pink glasses :tongue:

Props seems to work, effects work ok so far, I don't have time for runway starts (or in fact I fly only custom missions for testing my work in progress, so no issue here)

as for Tomcat sim, I really want to be correct this time thinking that TK cares less for SF2 series for a while (but, hey! he still fixes the stuff we find broken) with all his available resources at hand working and fixing, working and fixing... and testing, gddmnit! :grin:

btw Merry Christmas

• Like 1

At least he patches his games, unlike certain other developers (Ubisoft I'm looking at you).

I wish he had beta testers, but still I'm fine with his support and patches.

(Many games went by the wayside, producers refusing to even patch rudimentary things... eg. silent hunter.)

hell with these issues goin on with exp2, the Tomcat should just be the Tom, Iceland, and a campaign.

as for the patch, honey do list always posts in the middle of a mission so not missing wingmen landing right now

my props have been an on off proposition, not completely busted

not an early Lightning or Alpha model Hun fan, soooo........me's wait on patch D

heres to the next round of complaints, in two weeks:grin:

Guest 97texan

Nuked my install. Will wait til they have this fixed.

My F-4E Kurnass (78) has it's intakes a bit extended, doesn't seems to be field modification:

On a positive note, Jet Thunder comes in few weeks :bye:

Guess it's a small side-effect of TK re-exporting all models.

***reading THREAD.....***

...GOOD LORD! :shok:

I mean. I know I haven't bought it yet, but...

...is it really that bad? :dntknw:

SidDogg

Oh my God! :yikes:

I just have it installed and confirmed the new "airstart no matter what" bug + the "always heavy weather" bug in my SF2V Campaign seems to be there too...:dntknw:

Guest 97texan

@ SidDogg. Not the WM fiasco-level, but a big annoyance.

On a positive note, Jet Thunder comes in few weeks :bye:

Awesome, gotta save up for it.