Emp_Palpatine:

Glad to hear it's working now.

As for the Type12M frigate, it was fixed months ago. If it's still not fixed in your install, then the update wan't applied correctly.

Eric Howes

Indeed, that was the cause of my issues. All is fixed now, thanks again for your patience, Eric.

BTW, two questions:

- It seems thaat county class destroyer lacks its destroyed ship model as it just vanishes when destroyed.

- Super Etendard seems to drift left, even on a clean loadout. Is it WAD?

Emp_Palpatine:

The County Class destroyed model is easily fixed -- simply edit the DATA.INI for the ship, changing this line...

DestroyedModel=\County_Class\Warship1_Destroyed

...to this...

DestroyedModel=\County_Class\Warship1_Destroyed.LOD

In other word, add a .LOD onto theend of the line.

As for the Super Etendard, I haven't noticed the problem you describe.

Eric Howes

Hi, I read the readme and did another install of this mod in order to use the mission editor so I used sf2 exp2 rather than the sf2 vietnam or desert. Everything works but the menu and sounds and medals part.I did like the readme says but the main menu wont show for Operation corporate let alone music or medals. Anyone know of a fix? I saw the screens of the editor above so I am curious. Thx.

Daswan:

If you're using May2011 or later, you'll have to unpack the custom menu .CAT into the \Menu directory of your Mods folder. The most recent patch levels aren't reading the older .CAT file format for some reason.

Eric Howes

Daswan:

If you're using May2011 or later, you'll have to unpack the custom menu .CAT into the \Menu directory of your Mods folder. The most recent patch levels aren't reading the older .CAT file format for some reason.

Eric Howes

Ah, thanks!!

That explains things. I rolled back and re-installed with pre-May2011 - works fine now.

:good:

Hello Friends. I cant install the Falkland mod. Actually it start with Falkland screen but all Aircraft are from SF2. Pleas help! My english is bad. And installguide ist difficult for me. Can anyone make install screenshots? Thank you very much.

Hello Friends. I cant install the Falkland mod. Actually it start with Falkland screen but all Aircraft are from SF2. Pleas help! My english is bad. And installguide ist difficult for me. Can anyone make install screenshots? Thank you very much.

This is a SF2 mod and isn't meant for SF1.

I think this file is the one you want:

SF1 Falklands Mod

you have to follow the steps very carefully. It does work.

It sounds like you forgot to delete the objects directory prior to installing the mod.

Where are you hung up?

Edited by Typhoid

Hey guys, really quick question and I hope I didn't miss the answer somewhere else-

I want to add the DLC RAN and RNZAF skyhawks back into my Falklands install (which otherwise works fine). I moved the A-4G and A-4K folders from my default install into my Falklands folder but when I try to play them in "single mission" (have yet to try adding them to a campaign) the game crashes. Any ideas? Thanks. I'm working on a (highly fictional) campaign that adds an ANZAC carrier taskforce to the default British campaign.

bcyc:

You didn't say at what point the game crashed and what error messages, if any, you saw. All that information could be revealing.

The first thing that comes to mind as a potential problem-causer is theLimitedNations=TRUE statement in the terrain's main .INI, which is accompanied by a list of allowed nations in the terrain's Nations.ini.

The second thing to consider is the SquadronList.INI (in \PilotData), which is custom-built and therefore does not include any of the squadrons for the aircraft you're adding.

Eric Howes

Hey guys, really quick question and I hope I didn't miss the answer somewhere else-

I want to add the DLC RAN and RNZAF skyhawks back into my Falklands install (which otherwise works fine). I moved the A-4G and A-4K folders from my default install into my Falklands folder but when I try to play them in "single mission" (have yet to try adding them to a campaign) the game crashes. Any ideas? Thanks. I'm working on a (highly fictional) campaign that adds an ANZAC carrier taskforce to the default British campaign.

Also, what year are you trying to fly? It needs to be either 1982 or 1983. I forget which one.

I'm pretty sure I had the year set to 1982 (whichever year the other planes work). The crash happens right after leaving the initial screen where you select plane, year, mission type, etc... and it's just a standard Windows 7 CTD (windows is searching for a solution to this problem...). I'm running the latest patched version of SF2. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll play around with it some more tonight. I suspect it may involve moving some weapons folders over.

OK new version uploaded. 335 MB!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy and thank eburger!!!!

Awesome!! Thanks!!

There goes my weekend...............

:grin:

Folks:

Please do not try to install this overhauled version of the mod over a previous version from earlier this year. Start from scratch.

Eric Howes

Sometimes when bombs hit the ground there is no explosion, instead there is a watersplash. It seems like a bug. Anyone else experiencing this. (Falklands mod 2.0 , june 2011 patch) And can anyone explain me why am I missing attach option in this post?

Edited by hrc

I got a trouble with the behavior of the Harrier´s pilots, in several missions with a Super Ethernald it happen that they just made rounds in circles like the old maneuver of the WWI at 500-1000 fts like cover in himselfs at close space (no more than 5 miles). After I shot down three (really easy), I realize that they continue doing that, somebody point their sidewinder when I put myself in front (to test them) but they didn´t fire, just some random cannon at least, but always they continued the circles. Its the strangest thing that I saw from all the SF games. And they weren´t in protection or bombardig mission, the point in the island was complety empy. Why is that?

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

jager88:

Next time you see that happen, save the mission and post it here so we can take a look at it.

Eric Howes

A suggestion,why don't create a terrain with the new changes brought by the British after the war, like the Stanley airport with the airstrip modified and the new RAF Mount Pleasant and I noticed there's a new harbour in this zone (Mare Harbour).All this for a possible new conflict.

Regards,

Ice Man

Teo

Indeed, that was the cause of my issues. All is fixed now, thanks again for your patience, Eric.

BTW, two questions:

- It seems thaat county class destroyer lacks its destroyed ship model as it just vanishes when destroyed.

- Super Etendard seems to drift left, even on a clean loadout. Is it WAD?

I got same, Entendard rolls left. I found something buggy is in weapon stations definition SEtendard_DATA.ini that causes asymetry. I fixed it by borrow and edit stations definition from other Entendard from combatace and all ok. File was sf2_superetendard_combo_pak.7z by FoxMonter and FM file seems to be from Wrench. I also fixed cockpit positon - was too back and partialy hidden heading tape and speed on hud. Also removed canopy cockpit animation. Here is zip you can try if asymetry will be cured for you too. SEtendard_DATA.ini.old or SEtendard_DATA.ini.new rename to SEtendard_DATA.ini to choose orginal Flaklands mod FM or Wrench new one. New one have spins enabled so be careful on high AOA with buffeting. Spin is easily recoverable but on low alt you are dead. Also fixed decal visibility up to lod 3.

http://www.prekladytextu.eu/sf/SEtendard_fix.zip

Edited by ataribaby

Ataribaby:

Thanks for the edits, which I will take a look at.

Eric Howes