Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Poll: Choose the next SF2 Expansion Pack plane!

I suppose the Aircraft we choose will determine where and when we will fight.

I suppose the Aircraft we choose will determine where and when we will fight.

Didn't TK stated earlier that next expansion will be for Europe too? I don't expect new theatre in another expansion pack

Stary, I think TK originally mentioned EXP3 as a "mercenary" expansion for good 'ol SF2.

I'd love to see a SF2V Expansion Pack with a retooled and flyable A-6A, flyable A-1's, a shiny new F-111A and trees!

I'd love to see the next lottery numbers in my dream.

Can't have everything. One, maybe two new flyable planes and new campaign, that'll be all I think.

With my luck when I would wake up after that I wouldn't remember that dream.

Ofcourse if I dream about chasing Abe Lincoln on a pinky unicorn through a forrest made of paperwork I decided to put down for next week I'll remember every freakin' detail about it...

Edited by Brain32

Can't have everything. One, maybe two new flyable planes and new campaign, that'll be all I think.

I Forget long Time the idea of a big "father of all patch" That cure some long running issues...

But on the other hand i would Never fly again the old sfp1 series, the improvements are not as fast as i dream of but they are here and i can't imagine to go back.

It sounds like fanatic but i like the feeling of this sim and CAN hardly fly somerhing else.

Didn't TK once make a comment along the lines that the reason the A-6A was dropped from SF2:V (after being in WOV) was he felt a pure ground-attack plane (especially one with no gun) didn't "offer enough gameplay"?

He seems to pick planes that are either AA only or more usually capable of being fighter-bombers. AI-only are a different issue, of course.

In other words, if you offer planes that can "do it all" you don't need as many in the game for people to feel like they're getting something good ie 3 multirole planes = 3 AA-only + 3 AG-only as far as gameplay value but costs only 1/2 to make.

For our expansion pack, we'd like to do a mix of popular one and unpopular one, so instead of taking the top 2 winners here in one pack, we'll do one winner + one loser (or maybe plane not even on the list ;) ). That way, we still get to do the cool unknown planes (which we love to do), and leave the second place winner available for another expansion pack later down the road...

Looks like TK threw a joker in the deck. Maybe this means the winner (Let us say Mirage F1) will be coupled with Super Mystere or Ouregan?

And then Jag or F-5 in another pack coupled with other loser :D

I bribed TK, it WILL be Jaguarrrr you like it or not...

oh wait, that was a dream :sad:

Seems it will be F1, I can live with that :grin:

All I say is:

LOOK AT MY AVATAR:grin:.

Seriously, it would make more sense for me if TK decides to add a western plane to SF2 rather than a russian. Simply because IMHO, if TK adds one russian plane, he has to add all of the others in the future. Wouldn't make sense if you only can fly one red plane of 5-6 already aviable.

What I'm dreaming of, is that TK adds more AI red fighters such as the MiG-25/29 or similar and the hercules to the western side, since it was in the original SFG.

Just my 2 cents

Guest 97texan

I'll take an F-1C. And smile.

What no Buccaneer I guess it will have to be the F1c then

Jedi::

Didn't TK once make a comment along the lines that the reason the A-6A was dropped from SF2:V (after being in WOV) was he felt a pure ground-attack plane (especially one with no gun) didn't "offer enough gameplay"?

He seems to pick planes that are either AA only or more usually capable of being fighter-bombers. AI-only are a different issue, of course.

In other words, if you offer planes that can "do it all" you don't need as many in the game for people to feel like they're getting something good ie 3 multirole planes = 3 AA-only + 3 AG-only as far as gameplay value but costs only 1/2 to make.

TK picked a good coverbutt name: Strike Fighters.

I've always wondered about A-6. It really was a bonus, but that was Wings Over Vietnam and A-6 had wings, so... Now, why did he limit the (stock) cockpit view settings to block the view out the right canopy window? Its so immersive looking out the right window at wingmen, even if there is no pilot there...which is not so bad as he would just block the view anyways. :grin: Great cockpit too, one of my Thudwire faves.

Another good coverbutt name was Pacific Fighters. If I recall, that's exactly what it was; fighters.

The F-5E Tiger II has my vote. Why? We have tons of very good MiG-21 mods. And the Fresco is also available from stock. Both FM's(MiG-21 and MiG-17) are basing on TK's stock FM.

The Tiger mod we have has a overrated FM in comparision with the other planes, so i vote for a stock Tiger to have a F-5 which FM really fits into the line of other FMs.

Edited by Gepard

all this talk about A-6's i didnt know we were doin write in candidates. in that case how about F-16C? i know i know avionics aren't really in line with whats available and it'll take time money and many bugs but one can dream can't they? we might see it right before Dave gets his pony:lol:

• Like 1

i'm very happy to see the f-1c win the poll (as french :grin: )

but speaking of mig, for the future we can't be satisfied with what we have now

why?

no dedicated pits for the mig-17 and mig-19

3d moddeling of the mig range mig-17 to the mig-21 aren't as good as the player ones

FM of the migs aren't as develloped as the players ones (i speak for stock ones of course)

Despite i love the Mirage F1 and i would have voted it, a post made quite alot of sense: the F-5A. Widespread aircraft in European NATO countries, has a role to add to the variety of aircraft flown: we already have interceptors, but not a light, agile and easy to fly, good to AtA and AtG aircraft. Would have been a good idea.

Something quite easy would have been to bring back the 104, make flyable the Mirage5 and MirageIIIC, and the F-16 for Europe, this wouldn´t take much work, would it?

indeed European Mirages III & F-16A (+USA vipers) its very easy for TW to do (been more or less done already by the community i think), it would had made perfect sense to have been included in Expandsion Packs despite that they are easy to do and whatever the community done already. The F-104 its a fetisch must for SF ... A HD, HQ TW F-104 ... but i think there are still Lockheed legal issues not allowing TW to publish some Lockheed related products? Again here in CA my eye caught i think a High Poly F-104 and a HD starfighter cockpit. Untill there is a TW F-104.

Edited by squid

F-5A, F-5B, T-38 ♥♥♥♥♥ :grin: