Sign in to follow this  
Interlocutor

Request help with joystick

This is my first post since spring of 2009. I've been away from the game since then, and I'm just trying to get it all running again on a rebuilt system.

Everything is working fine, latest BHAH patch applied, etc. But for some reason, I can't get the game to "recognize" my joystick's own profile software.

Is it possible that with the latest "superpatch" I can only program my joystick from within the game? I'd rather set up my joystick with its own software profile, but BHAH doesn't seem to recognize the joystick's own software "profile".

I've got a Logitech Force 3D Pro. Back in the spring of '09, when last I flew, I used the "Logitech Profiler" to program my joystick, and it worked fine with the game. Any advice would be appreciated!

You need to setup most settings in the sim too and saving as name "Mine". There are various tips in the FAQ for controllers, may be worth a read through.

You need to setup most settings in the sim too and saving as name "Mine". There are various tips in the FAQ for controllers, may be worth a read through.

Thanks Polovski. I guess I'll just have to get used to setting my stick in-game.

I'd be okay with that, but for two things:

First, I can't figure out how to assign the TrackIR "Center View" command (F12 key in my TIR4 setup) to a joystick button "in game".

Second, I'd like to be able to use all 8 of the POV hat "points of direction", or at least 4 of them, to assign OFF keystrokes. But doing that "in game", I can only seem to assign one OFF command to the POV hat.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Hmmm.

From the above responses, it seems that there's now no way to put the TIR "Center View" action (F12 in vanilla TIR4) onto a joystick button?

That's interesting. When I last played OFF, back in the spring of 2009 (and thus before the superpatch), I programmed my stick via the Logitech Profiler software, and OFF took it just fine. I was able to put any keystroke I wanted onto my stick, and was able to use all 8 ordinal points on my POV hat if I wanted. Mine is an XP SP3 system, BTW.

So I would guess that the "program your joystick from within the game" changes that were included with the superpatch now prevent the game from recognizing the Logitech Profiler settings?

I keep hanging on about this because I've lost a significant percentage of my joystick capability, and I'm wondering if there's any way to retrieve it.

Do you have some problem understanding English, has alzhiemers visited your household, or do you refuse to look anyplace other that right here for the solution. You were the Chap who posted a method to put ( F12 ) on your Joystick, and that message was "copy and pasted" into Tips & Cheats shortly after YOU wrote it

It is aiso very possible that your Joystick just plain gave out. That's why Parky has five Sidewinders, a bit excessive, however it proves the fact that it is possible

As we speak I have a 'Logitech 3D Power Pro' that centers 'Trackir 4' on button #7 ( I wanted to put it on my Hat Switch, but Windows 7 - 64bit didn't like the idea )

PS . . . . Never did think much of the 'profiler software' haven't used it since I ran W98se, I've contended myself with POV 1 as Virtual Cockpit and allowed my Trackir to provide the views

Thanks, uncleal, for "hanging on by the bushy tail" on the "F12 to the joystick" issue with me :wink2: .

Back in the early days of OFF3, when I visited this forum often, I learned to respect the efforts you made to help other players. And though your responses are sometimes blunt to the point of incivility, I can understand where that comes from, having to repeat the same advice over and over. So thanks again. I re-read the old Tips & Cheats item you mentioned carefully, applied the suggested solution, and now have F12 on my joystick.

But allow me to mention a couple of things. First, the solution suggested in Tips & Cheats was not mine, only the "How do I get F12 onto my joystick" question was mine. The answer came from someone else.

Also, I never applied that solution back in the day, because I programmed my joystick using the Logitech Profiler software back then, and the Profiler allowed direct assignment of F12.

Unlike you, I did use, and prefered to use, the Logitech software. It worked great for me with OFF3 back then, and I would prefer to use it now (I like having 8 programmable positions on the POV hat), but cannot. Which leads me back to the main question I keep asking, for Polovski and/or any of the other developers: is it some change made to OFF3, via the superpatch or in some other way, which prevents the Logitech Profiler software from interacting properly with OFF3?

If so, then then I'll settle for "one assignment to the POV hat within OFF3" and get on with playing the game again. I'm just holding out the hope that someone can tell me how to get the Profiler software to work for me within OFF3 again.

Interlocutor, I run a Logitech Extreme Pro 3D which uses the same profiler and software as your FF version. I have always used the JS profiler with OFF, and it works fine with the latest version of BHaH HiTR. You will need to pick your "custom" profile as the global profile in order for OFF to recognize it, but apart from that it works the same as it always has. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Lou

.Interlocutor, I run a Logitech Extreme Pro 3D which uses the same profiler and software as your FF version. I have always used the JS profiler with OFF, and it works fine with the latest version of BHaH HiTR. You will need to pick your "custom" profile as the global profile in order for OFF to recognize it, but apart from that it works the same as it always has. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Lou.

Thanks, Lou, that might help, I'll check it out. Which executable do you point your global profile at?

Thanks, Lou, the "global profile" setting did the trick. I've got the profiler working again.

Many thanks!

You are more than welcome Interlocutor, my pleasure to help out.

Cheers!

Lou