Sign in to follow this  
faust

Graphics tearing

I noticed anytime I land on a carrier with an outside view (auto-pilot) I noticed graphics degradation on the surface of the carrier deck. Is there some way to prevent this. I have all the seetings set to highest and I use an ATI RADEON X800 Pro video card.

Welcome to BioHaz, Faust! :D

What are the remaining system specs of your PC?

What version of video drivers are you running?

When you say "graphics degradation" what exactly are you seeing? Are portions of the carrier deck missing (ie. you can see right through to the water texture?)

Hang in there, we'll get it sorted out for you.

Yep, I can see the water through the carrier's deck and I have the settings on highest. I have 1 Gig of DDR RAM and a P4 2.8 processor in addition to the Graphics Card using the latest catalyst drivers.

Have you seen the problem with different drivers for your ATI card?

Faust,

Here's a little blurb I found in the readme on loss of textures:

If you have noticed a loss of textures on objects, or even parts of objects, you should look into the size (aperture) of AGP memory, which comes under the video card’s resources. This setting is usually found in the system BIOS. Depending on the computer configuration, optimum aperture size could be 128 or 256 MB of RAM.

Have a read through the 1.02 readme sticky found in the topics listing in the LOMAC General Discussion forum for more details. Pages 27-29 of the .pdf version go over the various graphics settings and options.

Hope this helps.