Sign in to follow this  
gaw

funky bridges

anybody know why these bridges pop out of the landscape thru clouds?post-46014-006293800 1293972521.jpg

I don't know why, but I've observed the same effect.

Never saw this Effect with my Geforce 9600 GT. Perhaps it has something to do with AA settings??? :this:

I also have the same 'bridges popping through the clouds' issue, but have no idea what the cause or cure is.

Phase 1 had a Factory in a forest, the Label stated it was there . . . . never found it :grin:

I remember stuff like that. I had to do a bombing sortie with the DFW C.V and I was sent out to destroy this railyard and while the label showed up-- I could never find it. which was jarring because it still managed to shoot me down! :blink:

somewhere in the dim recesses of what I laughingly refer to as my mind I recall downloading better textures for bridges....so we could see the stone foundations or something....maybe that was for CFS3...I don't remember but if anybody can give me the original texture file name I'll try and bung it in ....this is probably just another instance of self-mutilation...but I doubt it......I practically never add anything to HITR as it's so bloody good to begin with....

somewhere in the dim recesses of what I laughingly refer to as my mind I recall downloading better textures for bridges....so we could see the stone foundations or something....maybe that was for CFS3...I don't remember but if anybody can give me the original texture file name I'll try and bung it in ....this is probably just another instance of self-mutilation...but I doubt it......I practically never add anything to HITR as it's so bloody good to begin with....

I don't think that will be the problem, as I have the same 'bridge-popping' issue but have a stock OFF install ... no downloaded textures of any kind.

Yuppers, I used to see it as well from time to time. I may have fiddled with a graphics setting at some point in the past to address the issue as I haven't experienced the magic bridges for quite a while now, but for the life of me I can't remember what I might have changed to fix the problem.

time to fiddle I guess........me and Nero

I'll also look into it - no promises of a fix. :-)

WM

I also have those not so Funky bridges.

Im using an ATI Card.

m

Perhaps it might be useful to know, who can see them through clouds with which graphic card?

I do see them, and my card is an ATI HD4870.

I see bridges through clouds...

I also see dead people, but that's not a video issue.

NVIDIA GTX 280.