Hello guys! I'm new in Strike Fighters game and I feel quite lost.

First of all, my game is Strike Fighters 1 (Gold version), I downloaded and instaled the last patch (October 2008 I think) and a Missile/Bomb pack (made after 2008).

My questions are:

1- If an enemy aircraft doesn't have radar, or if the enemy radar is off, could I detect the fighter on my radar in the Searching Mode?

2- Is There a tutorial about using Anti-Radiatiom Missiles (ARM), AGM Missiles, GBUs and free-fall bombs?

Maybe these questions have been already awnsered but I don't know where they are!

Thanks!

1st question. Yes. Your radar doesn't pick up his radar emissions so his radar does not need to be on. Your radar sends out a signal that bounces back off his aircraft regardless if his radar is on or off.

But his RWR (Radar warning receiver) will pick up your radar emissions just as your's would pick up his if aircraft is so equipped. You can look at it this way Radar is active you turn it on power it up and search. RWR is passive as it sends out no signals just receives signals from opponents radar.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

It really helps! In that case, my AMRAAM missiles (or another active radar homing missile) wouldn`t work, Would it? So the best option is launching heat-seeking missiles as Sidewinders or using gun, isn't it?

Thanks!

It really helps! In that case, my AMRAAM missiles (or another active radar homing missile) wouldn`t work, Would it? So the best option is launching heat-seeking missiles as Sidewinders or using gun, isn't it?

Active homing missiles (such as the Phoenix, AMRAAM and R-77) are equipped with their own radar sets, and only require initial targeting data from the launch aircraft. After that, they will track a target on their own.

Active homing missiles (such as the Phoenix, AMRAAM and R-77) are equipped with their own radar sets, and only require initial targeting data from the launch aircraft. After that, they will track a target on their own.

Yes, but doing that requires lock the enemy in mi plane radar, so if they never appear in my radar (I wouldn`t can lock on de enemy), I won't can launch any active homing missile.

Am I wrong?

Edited by DaniMS

Yes, but doing that requires lock the enemy in mi plane radar, so if they never appear in my radar (I wouldn`t can lock on de enemy), I won't can launch any active homing missile.

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.

Lets make this simple...radars are like flashlights. If you both are in a dark room, and you each turn on your flashlights and shine them at each other, guess what, you can see each other and shoot each other.

Now, if only you turn on your flashlight and shine it at your target, you can still shoot him. BUT, he will know you are trying to shoot him because he can see the flashlight pointed at him, so he will try to evade.

Does that make sense? Radar does not care if the target you are trying to lock on and shoot has it's own radar system.

FC

Thank you Fubar512, a tutorial like this is what i was looking for!

And FastCargo thaks too, good explanation!

My problem is that i am a beginer (i've been playing for 3 days), and i'm playing in hard (every seting in the game: radar, visual location, physics) and i am lost! I have to use the map in order to find the enemys (and discover their trayectory) because when I contact to the radio they told me the distance and the position of the targets only. And then, I never found them (sometimes, they are higher than me) and I think is very hard finding their tail so as to launch a missile (radar/heat coming). I think i've a lot of things to learn!

Anyway, thanks both of you for awnsering my questions!

Drop down to normal - there's no shame in it.