Sign in to follow this  
Toadvine

Error when extracting 1.32 patch

Extracting OverFlandersFields_Patch12V1pt32SuperPatch.exe Error: CRC mismatch in file "OverFlandersFields_Patch12V1pt32SuperPatch.exe" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\Duffy\My Documents\Downloads\OverFlandersFields_Patch12V1pt32SuperPatch.rar"

This error message comes from Winzip. The extraction process goes on for a bit until it stops to show that message. Mismatch file? How do I fix that?

I installed CFS 3 and the old unpatched OFF from the CD first. Also unpatched OFF won't run either. It hangs on the screen that appears after the gameplay vids.

Should I uninstall everything and try again? None of my install attempts seem to work except for CFS3. I can run that game okay.

The ODB download files tend to be compressed using WinRar software. You can unzip WinZip or WinRar files using WinRar, but I don't think you can unzip WinRar files using just Winzip.

Is that what you're trying to do I wonder.

Extracting OverFlandersFields_Patch12V1pt32SuperPatch.exe Error: CRC mismatch in file "OverFlandersFields_Patch12V1pt32SuperPatch.exe" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\Duffy\My Documents\Downloads\OverFlandersFields_Patch12V1pt32SuperPatch.rar"

This error message comes from Winzip. The extraction process goes on for a bit until it stops to show that message. Mismatch file? How do I fix that?

I installed CFS 3 and the old unpatched OFF from the CD first. Also unpatched OFF won't run either. It hangs on the screen that appears after the gameplay vids.

Should I uninstall everything and try again? None of my install attempts seem to work except for CFS3. I can run that game okay.

Try downloading the patch again!

HTH

WM

"I installed CFS 3 and the old unpatched OFF from the CD first."

I know this may sound like a silly question, but are you using OFF Between Heaven and Hell, or OFF Phase 2? If it's Phase 2, you not only have to install and update CFS3, but you have to fly it at least once before installing OFF. The patches at the OFF site are for BH&H.

If you are using Phase 2, give me a holler and I'll help any way I can.

CJ

"I installed CFS 3 and the old unpatched OFF from the CD first."

I know this may sound like a silly question, but are you using OFF Between Heaven and Hell, or OFF Phase 2? If it's Phase 2, you not only have to install and update CFS3, but you have to fly it at least once before installing OFF. The patches at the OFF site are for BH&H.

If you are using Phase 2, give me a holler and I'll help any way I can.

CJ

It's the original BH&H CD. I'll try Downloading the patch again as Winder suggests. I got this game running before, pretty sure it was on this computer and not my previous build.

It's the original BH&H CD. I'll try Downloading the patch again as Winder suggests. I got this game running before, pretty sure it was on this computer and not my previous build.

Okay, I re down loaded the patch and this time I choose to read the files off the CFS3 cd instead of the installed game files and Winzip extracted and installed. But I am unable to run the game. I get as far as the splash screen with the German pilot taking a smoke by his Albatros. The game hangs there, I can hear the music. I have to ctrl alt delete to exit the program.