Sign in to follow this  
CAG Hotshot

Exceeded maximum # of downloads, but 2/3s were corrupted.

Received the ...

You have exceeded the maximum number of downloads allotted to you for the day

But 2/3s of the "allowed" number of downloads were corrupted.

So I have not accomplished much at the site today.

Why would I want to subscribe if so many of the skins are corrupted?

Edited by CAG Hotshot

Must admit I have been using the site for nearl 10 years... and I have only had one corrupted file and that was due to my one fault. Did you follow the advice which is provided when you go to download a file?

Were you using a download manager or download accelerator? Those are usually the causes of most file corruptions. Also, are you sure that they're corrupt, or can it simply be a matter of your decompression utility (WinRAR) falsely reporting corrupted files?

I have to agree with the two posts above. I would suggest trying a different decompression tool like 7zip or WinRar. The site automatically assigns a file size of 0KB to a file that is corrupt on upload. Otherwise if the file size shows as having a size it's a valid file checked and scanned upon upload to both our main server and mirror server. As to your question, you wouldn't obviously, and I wouldn't blame you. Thankfully we aren't faced with that problem.

Erik

Guest CAG0001

What difference does it make how many years a person has been using the site? I have been using for 8 years and yet I received 2/3s of the files as corrupted when I downloaded on the date of the original post.

Yes I followed the download instructions as posted on the download pages, no I did not use acceleration or a download manager.

I simply downloaded.

I even tried it under this other username I created a few years ago but the errors persisted...

The storage has corrupted files. I reported them, I hope that it solves the issues...

Edited by CAG0001

The storage has corrupted files. I reported them, I hope that it solves the issues...

Each file has a report button or link associated to it. When you use that feature to specifically tell us which file is bad we can check it. To make a blanket statement and say that 2/3 of your downloads were broken gives us nowhere to start looking. So in hindsight maybe we should have asked you to report the files you had problems with as we couldn't do anything with your report as it was when you first posted here. So as of this response nothing has been done, there is no resolve, and we're no closer to solving anything other than agree you reported something and we tried to help with some common issues others have had. Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion. If you run into this again use the feature to report the file so we can look into that specific file closer.