Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Do Brisfits have inbuilt tank piercing rounds?

After numerous dead stick landings with Albatros fighters, due to the tank being punctured by Brisfit gunners,

I had the same happening today in the Fokker Dr. I Triplane - tank punctured, engine stopped, dead stick landing.

Do those Brisfit gunners have a special training? Or special tank-searching-and-piercing ammo?

Here are the pics:

http://combatace.com/topic/37440-off-campaign-did-standard-includes-campaign-krauts-vs-crumpets/page__view__findpost__p__466479

Edited by Olham

After numerous dead stick landings with Albatros fighters, due to the tank being punctured by Brisfit gunners,

I had the same happening today in the Fokker Dr. I Triplane - tank punctured, engine stopped, dead stick landing.

Do those Brisfit gunners have a special training? Or special tank-searching-and-piercing ammo?

Here are the pics:

http://combatace.com...post__p__466479

Not sure Olham. But most of my duels end up with punctured petrol tanks. The ground crews aren't too pleased either having to always retrieve my kite from the surrounding area.

The ground crews aren't too pleased either having to always retrieve my kite from the surrounding area.

Exactly, Conrad!

UncleAl: Or you can continue on your merry way, and stall due to no fuel at 9000 your choice.

Well, you won't fall from the sky with most aircraft.

I always manage to land any Albatros safely, and yesterday even the Fokker Triplane (see "Krauts vs Crumpets").

Edited by Olham

I've noticed this anomaly as well Olham. Doesn't seem to matter what I am flying against a Brisfit, the odds of getting a punctured fuel tank in the fight are much greater than when taking on any other kite. Must be magic bullets.

Brisfits were used for years after the war due to them being great aircraft. Also the version we have is twin rear guns = lots of lead :)

Really like the Brisfit after reading about it. However I find the bus hard to get kills in. Shame it didn't have two front guns instead of one. I agree it's hard to take down when fighting against it.

Really like the Brisfit after reading about it. However I find the bus hard to get kills in. Shame it didn't have two front guns instead of one. I agree it's hard to take down when fighting against it.

really? I fly it more or less like a SPAD VII and I find myself scoring victories without even knowing it! I could come back from a mission and claim one victory and find that I am credited with claims and victories I didn't even know about. this has happened at least three times. I suspect that it's because of the observer packing twin Lewis guns. if you get a lot of practice in single-gun machines it's not too hard to score kills in the Bristol Fighter.

Will have to put my time into it. Think I will start off a new career in the Brisfit. Eric Morecombe (shame you can't name the observer as he would be called...Ernie Wise) will be my brisfit pilot....see how he goes.

The Brisfit is not called "Bristol Fighter" for nothing - you can use it like one,

and you will find it can do incredible maneuvers - like in a Helter Skelter!

I tried it for some time and if there is any two-seater I would dare to enter German held territory in,

then it would surely be the Brisfit.

We once turned with Manfred's lot, and they only got one of ours, but they lost four Albatros.

A Hellfighter that is!

The best against Biffs is excellent long range and deflection shooting.

Costs some more ammo, but how proud will you feel, when you knock one down.

I always send at least two wingmen to attack the same Brisfit - that way the chance

of getting under fire gets divided by 3.

With a some practice today and flying her as a fighter Eric Morecombe managed to put in claims for 8 kills....before some idiot pilot (most likely still had the mud from the trenches on his boots) smashed into him...so I'm afraid Eric Morecombe is no more...bring me sunshine...bring me rain...bring me laughter...

Norman Wisdom has just come to France to fly the Brisfit...see how he will do....

I love the BrisFit now...just took abit of getting used to the size of the plane and it being a two seater...same feeling the pilots had I suppose when they first saw her.

The chance of collision is one big problem we easily tend to disregard.

Even such an aware ace and air combat pacemaker as Boelcke died in a crash resulting from a collision.

I also always scream and shout my head off about the other idiot, but in a collision, there are always two.

The more risky I fly, the more likely I may crash into someone, or make possible, that he crashes into me.

:yesmaster:

(Gawd - am I teaching again? I hate that actually!)

But really, if we seriously try our best to avoid that, we may get less kills, but fly much more realistic.

But it's easily said - I also still am learning to drop the hotspur and become more like Creaghorn.

Edited by Olham

Very true Olham. As example, my campaign pilot Paul Blum has logged 264 flying hours and turned in 51 claims, with 23 of those claims confirmed. Even flying as carefully and "realistically" as I can, (i.e. no on-screen aids of any kind, using paper map to navigate, etc), I have had to dead-stick land several times due to damage in a fight, and was out of the War for five months recovering from a very bad crash. And I am still doing far better than all of our RL counterparts did.

Wow - 264 flying hours - sorry; I should have named you too, Lou - you and Creaghorn are there,

where I hope to get some day. That I really fly, as if I could lose my life. But I'm growing.

:good:

No apologies needed Mein Freund. I only mentioned it to illustrate your previous point.

It happened because (as happens alot) one of my comrades tries to grab my kill....however this time it was another friendly Squadron.