Sign in to follow this  
Wolf_3

Disappearing Cockpits SF2

Guys,

Really getting back into the saddle with this sim after long time away and BIG thanks to those who design and develop the many mods that are now available. Took me a while to re-learn the mod installation process for SF2 but am now completely up to speed with it all.

Some issues I am experiencing at the moment relate to cockpits disappearing. i guess a brief summary of how I have the sim set up may help.

Running at 1920 x 1200 graphics set to unlimited.

Track IR 4 with the Version 5 software.

Cougar MFDs and thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS.

I have the combo version of SF2 and theatre has its own mod folder set up.

I have a GTX 295 nVidia card using drivers: 262.99 XP 32bit.

Also running the HDR Mod 1.01A.

SF December 2010 c update

Running 4x AA

The Problem:

When flying and I look up or go into a steep climb the interior cockpit vanishes along with the tracking cues for the enemy aircraft. This only seems to happen with some (I haven't had time to fly them all yet) modded aircarft that have been installed. If I then look to to the left or right I see the sideof the cockpit and the aircraft wings, but when my view is centered I only see the hud data.

has anaybody else experienced this? Is there a solution?

Thanks

Paul

Go in the Options screen and adjust the Horizon distance. I had the same problem as you and I did that and it hasn't cropped up again.

Thanks. I tried your suggestion out, no luck . Still disappear when the cockpit view moves above the waht appars to be a transition in the sky graphic.

Cheers

Paul

Hello Wolf_3,

I'm on XP too but have an ATI card, AA on 8, AF on 16.

It happens to me on most aircrafts converted from SF1. Sometimes, a few times in fact, lowering the cockpit resolution in the graphic settings helps but for most I simply decided to stick to stock and high grade third party aircrafts made specially for SF2.

However, if you find a solution, I'll be interested too.

Hello Wolf_3,

I'm on XP too but have an ATI card, AA on 8, AF on 16.

It happens to me on most aircrafts converted from SF1. Sometimes, a few times in fact, lowering the cockpit resolution in the graphic settings helps but for most I simply decided to stick to stock and high grade third party aircrafts made specially for SF2.

However, if you find a solution, I'll be interested too.

Yes, that's pretty much where I am.

Plenty of stock aircraft to keep me occupied :flyer: