Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

John Kerry GAME???

Alright, if you have noticed in the last several political discussions, I have kept myself out of them. But this, this is the last straw. I can't believe that they are making a GAME about John Kerry. That goes for any politician, not just Kerry. It's just astounding.

Astounding, but it makes perfect sense, unfortunetly. I don't want my games to start getting politically oriented, but that's where the young political market is. I guess it's just like Kennedy vs. Nixon and TV. It's sad that this is what it's turning into though. <_<

the "kuma" series of games have been around for a little while, the game maker puts together a small scenario that happened in real life and attempts to make it into a videogame. so far hes done a few and they all suck. starting with some afghanistan missions or an iraqi mission. theres a large amount of people that think what he does is wrong and that turning a real life event where real people died (recently i might add) is of very poor taste. i wouldnt blame kerry for it though, im sure hes just as surprised as you are.

I think its hilarious and Bush outta bring it to everyones attention. I'm sure that Kerry didn't have a hand in it, but with some one making money off his likeness, I'm not sure that's legal without some kinda contract....one that I don't honestly believe Kerry would sign.

This game does take the agenda to far. Next thing you'll see Bush sipping beers at the O-club in THE SIMS 2...hehe

<C>

Fates

http://www.kumawar.com/

theres the link to the kuma series, its not a standalone game but a custom level. apparently you subscribe and you can play different missions. check it out and see for yourself.

Iheard that Kerry's character is hard to play. It seems that it changes it's position without warning every 30 seconds.

Iheard that Kerry's character is hard to play. It seems that it changes it's position without warning every 30 seconds.

:lol:

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but the site says that Kerry earned the "Navy's second-highest honor." Would that not be the Navy Cross, and the Medal of Honor be the highest? Or is the CMOH considered in a class by itself and the Navy Cross the highest honor for the Navy?

Just a technical question...Not that I'm going to pay to play this stuff anyway..Like I said before, unbelievable...And firehawkordy... :lol:

Kerry sucks and I'm not even an American. Watching him on TV is bad enough but a videogame? NO WAY! :angry:

I wasn't going to respond but this is too funny to pass up :D <_< :D !

If it was a Bush Simulator in an S-3 landing on a carrier called "Mission Accomplished" you guys would be in line to PAY FOR IT :D :D :D !!! Even if it costs $79.99 a copy at Wal-Mart "On Sale" :mellow::rolleyes:

"Wal-mart-like emoticon intended" :D :D :D !

Sorry Fates and MJ but this thread was so funny and I couldn't let this one pass.

Foo :D ;) :D

Edited by Foofighter

Making a video game about either is hilarious IMHO. The political satire is huge no matter what your canidate of choice is. I suspect that Kuma may just do a GW campaign done more in a style like Leisure Suit Larry?

<C>

Fates

I wasn't going to respond but this is too funny to pass up :D  <_<  :D !

If it was a Bush Simulator in an S-3 landing on a carrier called "Mission Accomplished" you guys would be in line to PAY FOR IT :D  :D  :D !!!  Even if it costs $79.99 a copy at Wal-Mart "On Sale" :mellow:  :rolleyes:

"Wal-mart-like emoticon intended" :D  :D  :D !

Sorry Fates and MJ but this thread was so funny and I couldn't let this one pass.

Foo :D  ;) :D

Please read the original post.

That goes for any politician, not just Kerry.
(that means Bush too).

I don't want my computer turning into yet another tube for politics.

Hey Rap,

I wasn't responding to that quote only :huh: ,

I was responding to the entire thread completely :D !

I just think its funny.

Foo

If it was a Bush Simulator in an S-3 landing on a carrier called "Mission Accomplished" you guys would be in line to PAY FOR IT :D  :D  :D !!!  Even if it costs $79.99 a copy at Wal-Mart "On Sale" :mellow:  :rolleyes:

Foo,

I spent alot of time in the Navy, I'm not going to wait in any freakin line. And I'm too F'ing cheap to spend $5, let alone $79.99 for a crappy video game.

I am not above satire on our political system, the problem is that most of the "satire" on Bush is not funny and just plain mean. What SNL did to both Ford and Carter were classic, after Reagan was in office SNL started to get mean and nasty. Even the attempts at Clinton were bordering on disrespect. Dont get me wrong I disliked Clinton with a passion,but thereis funny and there is mean. Most political "humor" is mean.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but the site says that Kerry earned the "Navy's second-highest honor." Would that not be the Navy Cross, and the Medal of Honor be the highest? Or is the CMOH considered in a class by itself and the Navy Cross the highest honor for the Navy?

Just a technical question...Not that I'm going to pay to play this stuff anyway..Like I said before, unbelievable...And firehawkordy... :lol:

The MOH (it is not the CMOH) is an national military award, not a Navy award. The Navy Cross is a Service specific award.

But anyway, the Navy's second highest award is the DSM. However, the DSM is not Valor specific, it can be awarded for other reasons. I dopn't know what their rationale for calling the SS the "Navy's second highest award", but if they are talking specifically about awards that can only be awarded for "Conspicuous gallantry or valorious performance in the face of the enemy...", then yes, the SS is the second highest award.

-Skater

Concerning Kerry's SS award... And I am in no way demeaning his valor or service under fire...

I have seen BSV's awarded for doing much more. I simply do not see the rationale in the awarding of the SS in the citation script.

Then again, there were times during that war that we were giving away BSV's and the like as if they were crackerjack prizes. Many a current General or Admiral have stretched the size of their boards with some erroneous awards. I have seen DSM's awarded to supply officers. I know a particular Navy Supply Corps. Flag Officer that has three of them, all from service as a REMF at Da Nang. Go figure that one.

Now to clarify, regardless of merit, Kerry did serve in Vietnam, with honor and valor. He does have an SS, a BSV, and 3 PH's. No matter how or what he did to get them, or how long he was in country, he served in COMBAT, under DIRECT FIRE, to get them. This much is not in dispute. That kind of service is to be commended no matter how you feel about the man personally or politically, for it is MUCH MORE than most people in this country did at that time. Less than 1% of this country served in Vietnam. Far less than that were awarded medals of valor for their service. Now, while I do not like Kerry for President, and I'm not too thrilled with his politics or voting record, I RESPECT and THANK him for his service to our Nation.

-Skater

Foo,

I spent alot of time in the Navy, I'm not going to wait in any freakin line. And I'm too F'ing cheap to spend $5, let alone $79.99 for a crappy video game.

I am not above satire on our political system, the problem is that most of the "satire" on Bush is not funny and just plain mean. What SNL did to both Ford and Carter were classic, after Reagan was in office SNL started to get mean and nasty. Even the attempts at Clinton were bordering on disrespect. Dont get me wrong I disliked Clinton with a passion,but thereis funny and there is mean. Most political "humor" is mean.

Well said, and unfortunately, very true.

-Skater

Guys, you can talk about the game, but keep the politics out of it.

Same, been staying away from the Napalm and matches. You know that we Ordnancemen are the shy and retiring types ;)

Same, been staying away from the Napalm and matches. You know that we Ordnancemen are the shy and retiring types ;)

yeah,also innocent,hard working types,modest to a fault...