Sign in to follow this  
SlickWili

Silent Hunter III delayed to 2005

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on the site (but if it is, I apologize :( ) so I thought it was worth posting, especially since they are blaming the delay on the idea of implementing a dynamic campaign. :D

Silent Hunter III delayed to 2005

Ubisoft pushes back release to include dynamic campaigns at game community's request.

In a post on the game's official Web site, the development team for the upcoming PC submarine simulation Silent Hunter III announced that it has decided to delay the game in order to include a dynamic campaign. The release will be pushed back to Q1 2005.

In the post, the development team states that it decided to include the dynamic campaigns more or less at the community's request. Seemingly confused about the definition of dynamic campaigns themselves, the developers allude to the career modes of previous submarine sims Command Aces of the Deep and Silent Hunter I, where players control a single submarine through the course of war.

Incorporating graphics on par with the latest shooters, Silent Hunter III was a huge hit at E3. The game was originally scheduled for a September release and is being developed in-house at Ubisoft by its Romania-based team.

saw this earlier at Subsim and somehow I forgot to post it here..sorry.the dev team has been busy listening to the sub community and this looks like a winner for them.Have you seen the screenshots?for a dynamic campain I can wait.

Yeah, I missed this too. Didnt see it posted on the front page of Subsim were you'd think a MAJOR peice of news like this would be posted. I mean, they posted ALL the GOOD stuff... Guess I need to check the forums more.

Alrighty then, I'll throw it up in our news section. Just thought I'd PING the forum first in case this was "old hat." Thanks.

Yeah I don't have an issue with them delaying it to add a dynamic campaign. Really looking forward to it though.

BF