Sign in to follow this  
Helmut_AUT

Super Hornet and Carrier Ops in SF2E - what are my options?

Hi all

Having been bitten by the Naval Aviation bug again, I'm looking for a good representation of a Super Hornet (C-Model is okay too) and some Carriers to land on. I'm not sure if NF4+ includes such? But then that total package always was a bit large for my poor small 120GB SSD anyway.

Are there separate downloads for a Hornet with high quality cockpit, and some SF2E compatible terrain with carriers? Did someone ever put some carriers in the North Sea on the default SF2E map?

thanks for your help gents

Helmut

Every terrain mod I've ever done (minus the Himilayas, for obvious reasons and the Canary Islands cause it's just too small...) has CV stations "built in". Even DBS has one, south of the 'permanent pack'

If it has an ocean, there's a place for carriers

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Hi all

Having been bitten by the Naval Aviation bug again, I'm looking for a good representation of a Super Hornet (C-Model is okay too) and some Carriers to land on. I'm not sure if NF4+ includes such? But then that total package always was a bit large for my poor small 120GB SSD anyway.

Are there separate downloads for a Hornet with high quality cockpit, and some SF2E compatible terrain with carriers? Did someone ever put some carriers in the North Sea on the default SF2E map?

thanks for your help gents

Helmut

What I am using to satisfy my "naval cravings" :blink: is download Tomcats over Europe http://combatace.com...over-europe-79/ then I edited it to use an F-18 try this one :good:http://combatace.com...ge-for-sf2-v19/

It only works for a campaign.....but it works really well.......the only other real catch is that it's for WOE, but hopefully someone can tell you wether or not it will work for SF2 Europe.

Edited by romflyer

Thanks all. The mission editor is way over my head, romflyer your suggestion is more along the lines of what I can handle. Ideally I was hoping someone had done something similar to that WOE edit for NF4+ (to have a later year campaign with correct adversaries).

The mission editor is childs play. Easiest one I have ever used. Take the plunge, you wont regret it. It is really that easy to use. Lets put it this way, even I can use it.

Here's a hint...to make it easier to use the mission editor. Set up a standard random single mission like you've done in the game for years with the plane you want to fly and the date and terrain. When it pops up, then hit the mission editor button at the bottom and make changes to that basic mission already created for you. It's a LOT easier to modify an existing mission than to create one from scratch! You can change what planes the various flights are using quite easily. Then the only change you have to make is to add the carrier on the water, make it an airbase, and drag your (carrier capable) plane from the base it put you at to the carrier.

The only tricky part is getting the carrier to be a base and not just a naval object, but the posts here cover how to do it. It took me maybe 10 mins to figure it out the first time (and I've NEVER messed with the .msn files or campaign files in 8+ yrs of TW simming).

See even JM can do it. :lol:

The mission editor is childs play. Easiest one I have ever used. Take the plunge, you wont regret it. It is really that easy to use. Lets put it this way, even I can use it.

No comment :lol:

Seriously I know I did something on how to use it for a few things.... guess maybe I should add using a carrier....

http://combatace.com/topic/61294-quick-guide-to-the-mission-editor-for-exp2/

And now added for using a carrier....