Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

DBS Terrain, Full

DBS Terrain, Full

Full DBS Terrain, Complete

Someone asked for the full terrain, set up with all the goodies and fixes.

So here it is.

No readme is included, but you should all know the drill. If not, you'll figure it out!!

Enjoy!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Thank you Wrench, I feel like Dora the Explorer while flying over such great places.

Great initiative "someone" for asking for it ;)

Edited by FrankD

You're welcome FrankD!

I should mention, that when I zipped it up, I didn't remove a couple of sub-folders. One has the water fix, and the other is the limited nations fix. You all can just toss those, as all the needed bits are in the main terrain folder.

BTW, the various radars included in the _put_in_GroundObjects_folder_, are NOT fully converted to SF2 standards. They're missing the RadarFamilyName= for aircraft with TEWS (to say nothing of not having the needed RWR tgas, or additions to the various and sundry RWR lists.) They'll just show up as "U". For vector-equpped aircraft, you'l get the usual line. RedAir fliers, not to worry ... you just get dead (Nikes and Hawks oh MY!!)

wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench,

Is there a Knowledge Base on converting terrain made for SF2 to SF1 Oct 2008 standard?

No, but just do the switch in reverse. Read my tutorial in th SF2 KB, and follow the instructions backwards.

or, just d/l the 08 level version of DBS in the SF/Wo* Terrains D/L section. The limited nations and water fix should work just as well. All the inis are in ANSI, so no other conversions are needed

wrench

kevin stein

No, but just do the switch in reverse. Read my tutorial in th SF2 KB, and follow the instructions backwards.

or, just d/l the 08 level version of DBS in the SF/Wo* Terrains D/L section. The limited nations and water fix should work just as well. All the inis are in ANSI, so no other conversions are needed

wrench

kevin stein

O, there's an 08 level for DBS already? Ah, silly me.

Thanks for your reply and also the tip on doing the instruction for SF2 KB in reverse.

WL

Edited by WLJet

Thanks Wrench!

I've been waiting for this one!!

:drinks:

worse ...

lazy

wrench

kevin stein

But....I want the Readme to not read it!

I think Wrench was finally defeated by people not reading the readme because if you read the readme then you wouldn't have to ask questions. But since people don't read the readme it makes sense not to have a readme since they won't read the readme anyways, and ask questions that could be answered on the readme.

if you read the readme then you wouldn't have to ask questions.

True words Eric!!! :good:

:lol::rofl:

I think Wrench was finally defeated by people not reading the readme because if you read the readme then you wouldn't have to ask questions. But since people don't read the readme it makes sense not to have a readme since they won't read the readme anyways, and ask questions that could be answered on the readme.

I need a readme for this thread. :lol::rofl::heat:

But you know? A cousin of a friend of my ex-girlfriend's brother knows a man whose neighbour wife readed a Readme one time (by accident, of course), and then asked good ol' Wrench some questions anyway... :grin:

I need a readme for this thread. :lol::rofl::heat:

:rofl:

Just wanted to install it again in a nearly unmodded game.

installed also the watertexture fix and limited nations for this terrain.

Mission loads 100% then CTD.

Any ideas? :blink:

Just wanted to install it again in a nearly unmodded game.

installed also the watertexture fix and limited nations for this terrain.

Mission loads 100% then CTD.

Any ideas? :blink:

Little idea... :bye:

And with the not limited SF2 nations.ini file?

Edited by Coupi

When I have a chance, I'll take a look at it. I haven't flown over it in a looooooooooooooooooong time!!

just to be safe, make sure all the ground objects are there, the cat pointer is pointing to (wherever) it should be, and the usual checks

I should mention, that when I zipped it up, I didn't remove a couple of sub-folders. One has the water fix, and the other is the limited nations fix. You all can just toss those, as all the needed bits are in the main terrain folder.

wrench

kevin stein

I think you were supposed to chuck those. :blind:

Edited by SupGen

Well Kevin, i checked that all. And seems right to me.

I will try it today with only 1st installing the terrain without the updates....