of course UK_Widowmaker. The lack of dynamic campaign is a bummer for me. I never enjoyed much scripted missions in Il2

truth is I preordered it few days ago... :blink: so I'll be able to give my own very very biased impression shortly after release :yikes:

So...forgive me if I'm wrong....this game was announced in 2006?....and apart from having NO Dynamic Campaign, No Dynamic Weather..and No Support for the latest Hardware...It's IL2 with a Battle of Britain theme?...which has already been done to death by The Modding Guys out there...and we're supposed to PAY for it as well?? :yikes:

Well if you heard first time about it then yeah I guess you might think so, however that does not have any connection to reality.

I know too much about the game being an old il-2 freak but I would have to write a 20-page essay on what is new, improved and never before seen about the Cliffs of Dover.

The game will advertise itself when it comes out anyway.

As for me personally I only don't like the theme...BoB? Really? Again? Wait really?

But anyway I'll take what I can as there's nothing on this level out there and probably will not be for some time...

I think starting with BoB makes sense if you plan on releasing titles in WWII order. Then the planes get progressively better, plus you can wait on things like jet engines and you start with fewer maps.

Two weeks... be sure *kekeke* those that know will understand that comment...

As for me personally I only don't like the theme...BoB? Really? Again? Wait really?

BoB died as a game topic about nine years ago. (At least for the good ones :D)

I think Oleg and his team can do a good job. Also, I am also investing in the kind of support Il-2 1946 have recived. Oleg have mentioned he wants to move on to the Med and considering he already included Italian Aircraft, I´d say this might be a stepping stone.

Then again, Dynamic Campaigns are not all that important for me, nor are graphics. Gameplay will be what wins my heart. Does Cliffs of Dover have that? Don´t know. One way to find out.

reported CloDo issues aside, I think the best way would be to start with Spanish Civil War :yikes:

Now we're talking never before touched areas! (don't mind the centuries old Luftwaffe Commander fiasco)

Then, Battle of France (or maybe Fall Weis?) and then onto BoB.

The only thing I'm really really woried now (day before release on Polish market) is the optimization of the engine... as for the rest I'm more or less feeling it will be Il2 on steroids.

Great, today is release, and my local store has gotten a very limited shipment, rest have been delayed. I can only pray my order is one of thoose they process today...

Great, today is release, and my local store has gotten a very limited shipment, rest have been delayed. I can only pray my order is one of thoose they process today...

I feel your pain Jonathan,

I was today at the bigger town in two stores, they don't have copies yet, but might order one for me until somewhere around middle of next week :(

And my preordered copy just slipped towards Saturday shipping as mail says. Buuu!

I'm soo eager to run at 5 frames per second medium detail :heat:

side note:

Waiting for CloDo I spend yesterday's evening with 1946+UP 2.01 for some Emil "re-familiarization" quickies over Cannon's Channel map, man that title looks DATED :blink:

Seems I will be fully unable to pick it up today. No processed orders at all :(

Maybe tomorrow, but better bet is next week.

• Like 1

I'm downloading digital copy purchased at getgamesgo dot com, should be on my drive in the morning...

Then I will wait about a years for three or four 1GB patches and I'll be fine :grin:

Good luck for me, the stores central storage is in town and the store redirected me to them. Will be able to play Cliffs this afternoon ! Cant wait to have a look at the flyables list.

• Like 1

same here :ok:

...there will be ranting :grin:

There will be ranting indeed.

This game is NOT READY. Not by a longshot.

Ubisoft seems to have pressured the release, because right now, its almost unflyable and I got my settings on lowest. We can only hope Oleg puts together another patch soon :/

Already announced to be available somewhere next week, dealing with houses preformance mostly, in the longer terms there will be next one optimizing framerates even further. But I honestly can't say I take their words as set in stone, we all see how their high promises turned out. There goes the 1000+ planes in the air... :rolleyes:

side note: I still CAN'T play it, because of utterly idiotic use of NET Framework 4 (who the hell writes games in it??) which refuses to install on my system :sad:

Well, I must admit I was mostly amazed that turning my settings from low to very high actually INCREASED my preformance. I like that, esp as I had settled to prob have to play on Medium :D

I can do flights, but it still suffers from bad framerates. Combat is out of the question.

But with my rig:

E 8500 3.16GhZ dual

GTX-285 1Gb

4Gb of ram

can I expect to play it in very high or not?

The reccomended raquirements seems exceeded by my rig... :dntknw:

Wait for the patch X-Ray, things are F'ed up now...

I must say I didn't expect it will bit THIS bad, I remember I could play IL-2 on a really silly setup and it ran fine...

But with my rig:

E 8500 3.16GhZ dual

GTX-285 1Gb

4Gb of ram

can I expect to play it in very high or not?

The reccomended raquirements seems exceeded by my rig... :dntknw:

not really X RAY, as Brain32 wrote, it's currently fu-up BIG TIME.

Oh, silly me, of course you can, in fact with some decent high tens frames, if you want your models to look like this:

yes, this is how the sim in question looks when you set your graphics quality to LOW. There's even VERY LOW, but I was to amused by horror of LOW to even try that...

on my system 2 Hurricanes vs 4 Heinkels is some 15-20 fps with stuttering, going over the land and the frames drop to 5... it's early beta (alpha rather) engine running this thing.

CloDo needs patches, big patches, and it need them FAST. So far what I was able to deducate it has potential, but I can't wait year or two for this to mature, there are better titles around.

This, makes me sad panda.

To give some justice, here are some shots from mixed medium/high settings with models, effects and damage set on high:

notice the round white orbs -these are tracers as they appear when you pause the sim, makes me want the WW2 Fighters lasers back:

I have overall feeling the sim renders every single frame multiple times to do some blurring etc, there's video showing strange kind of motion blur on in cockpit controls (throttle lever, pedals), also I can't understand the decision to use high-poly SpeedTree v5 for foliage, when v2 or v3 would be enough. v5 SpeedTree has good application for last year RPG titles... and the trees are non-collidable

Concur, this thing wasn't ready for release. Currently on my rig it only seems to update the throttle position when it feels like it which makes any sort of finesse impossible and overheating engines a major headache.

I think a lot of my flying will be over the channel until they get it fixed to give double digit frame rates over the land.

definitely, with the high detail screens I posted, I can live with such framerates for now, but anything terrain related goes to sight, framerates drop to single digits, lots of config.ini tweaking to hide the terrain from the view when doing quick sorties over water (nice visibility with cliffs in the distance by default, I must admit that)

Those low res shots are just...insulting. All that development time for something on Low that is worse than CFS1. Just Wow. :yikes:

i downloaded the game yesterday after pre-ordring it on www.orange.fr then via steam! Il-2 cliffsof Dover: I can say that I’m extremely disappointed with the game! I have all Thirdwireversions, previous Il-2 games, Rise of Flight and Locked –On. With someresolution modification all these games seem to work very well..even rise of flight! The new Il-2cliffs of Dover, even on medium settings will not work! On lowest setting it isflyable. The graphics look poor and I have noticed so many bad areas on groundlevel. I cannot play this game. It’s slow and tedious. I cannot play or enjoythis game in any way. I want my money back. I’m not a computer person. Mygraphics card works very well with all my other games! Do not buy this game! Saveyourself 49 Euro!

AMD Athlon 64x dual core/Nividea Geforce GTS 250/samsung syncmaster P2770.

funny thing is, setting everything to high or medium in fact increases framerates :dntknw:

This is the reason that software should not be released at the beta stage simply to generate money sooner leaving us to be the beta testers until they are able to release patches.I am very displeased with its current state.Its is more of a mess then IL-2 was when it was released.On top of that there are only 2 very linear campaigns and you cannot choose a dynamic campaign or select which plane you want to fly like you could in an IL-2 campaign.For me that's a big thumbs down.I expect the same kind of IL-2 campaigns or better.At the moment I am not at all impressed with it.I have a Phenom 9850,GTS 250 with 1gb of ram and 6GB of corsair memory and this sim stutters even on medium settings.:rolleyes:

Edited by SopmodMikeFour