Sign in to follow this  
hotrodss

User made campaigns

Will Burning Sands 1983 & Vietnam 1984 campaigns work in SFP1 & WoV with the OCT 2008 patch?

Thanks

I use WOV campaigns in SF2V, so those two should still work in the Oct2008 patch.

The campaign format has not changed much over the years.

The only major issues may be with some of the earlier aircraft may not be compatible with the Oct 2K8 patch, but I think they're quite rare these days (if they stil exist in their un-updated form). If you have the space, just copy the entire SFP/WOV folder and mod the copy, HD space permitting of course. It should only be about 6-7 gig at the most. I always leave a vanilla (untouched save for patches) version on mine and create a complete copy to mod. Saves having to re-install any time I tweak something that renders it unplayable.

Panama Red--thanks but I'm playing series 1, keep fogetting to mention that.

Say What?!--thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

Yes, I know you are using the SF1 series. What I was trying to point out is if SF1 user made campaigns will play in SF2, they will surely play in the SF1 Oct08 version.:grin:

Sorry to bump this, but has anyone gotten Burning Sands 1983 to work with the Oct. 2008 update?

I made a new install, installed the Oct 08 update, then copied that whole folder to a new one with the intention of modding it. I then installed a Mirage Factory weapons pack (this one: http://combatace.com/files/file/8130-mirage-factory-weapons-pack-01252009/). Finally, I copied the contents of the BS1983 rar into the main directory of that new (copied) SFP1 install, and applied the BS1983 SP4 update.

When I try to start the game, I get a CTD.

Did I mess up somewhere in my install procedure, or does this campaign just not work with that 08 update?

Thanks.

Well if the game didnt CTD before adding in the mods then its one of the mods thats causing it.

Possible the mod put in some old files or you have put them in the wrong place.

Start again and test the game still works as you add things.