is WINGS OVER VIETNAM in any relation to SFP1? or an adaptation? or a completely seperate game? Looks promising with the carrier ops screenshots i saw. but I didnt like the old SFP1 terrain, which kinda bummed me out was kinda like okay looks like SFP1 in a new wrapper. But then again i could be wrong. this should finally give me a chance to finish my Midway CV-41 version 2 finally. Well lets hope for the best, and see what happens over the next few weeks or months.

Growler67 & darkpresence=JW=

As Weasel_87FIS said http://www.wovgame.com/

It's based on the SF P1 engine which has come a long way (some far better community addon terrains than the original desert now too) so it will run on reasonably modest hardware.

It's a standalone rather than an expansion pack.

But then again i could be wrong. this should finally give me a chance to finish my Midway CV-41 version 2 finally. Well lets hope for the best, and see what happens over the next few weeks or months.

You need to scratch build a CV-41 if your going to take credit for the model. I cringed when I saw you rescale my work. It was correctly built with correct three views (although it was not pretty, it was proof in concept that such models could be imported). I remember when column5 praised my CV-41 for the correct scale on SIMHQ with screenshots when he toyed with it. You have also failed on the agreement when I gave you my CV-41 model to tweak...I was final release authority and controlled the final product, you were tasked with skinning and detailing the superstructure.

This is similiar to Digitial Overload using models he downloaded from 3D sites and passing off the model as his work, granted the work is a low poly model of the origional, and no doubt has hours of tweaking, but the fact of the matter is taking full credit for something that is not all your work. If you use any part of the origional model downloaded is my opinion that credit should also be given to the origional creator, on the boards and in the readme.

Cheers

Beer

not to worry Beer im definitely redoing it from scratch, even started a USS TRUMAN CVN-75 as well. so dont cringe, maybe i should been more specific when i stated that,basically trashed the old model a long time ago, started a new one almost a year ago. So no need to get bring the "legal sobriety" hammer on me now. Im not doing your model didnt want anyone to get all upset i was using "your" work, cause i figured that what you are posting now would happen, and so it has come to past. So dont take it the wrong way.

--as far as DO i dont know anything of that since i havent been on SIMHQ in such a long time, kinda foul if he did that. But since i handed off that A-6 intruder to (forgot who) to finish, and surprised when i saw a year later it wasnt finished, Hell i could of been finished it long before that lol. kinda a bad choice on my part to hand it off to people who do 20 million other projects, kinda lessens the quality in my opinion, but only time will tell i guess. SO i think i should of completed the A-6 Intruder oh well should of could of but didnt.

ps. once again dont worry none of your work is being abused.

Edited by darkpresence=JW=

But since i handed off that A-6 intruder to (forgot who) to finish, and surprised when i saw a year later it wasnt finished, Hell i could of been finished it long before that lol. kinda a bad choice on my part to hand it off to people who do 20 million other projects, kinda lessens the quality in my opinion, but only time will tell i guess. SO i think i should of completed the A-6 Intruder oh well should of could of but didnt.

Let's be clear on this. It was me that you gave the A-6 to, with the understadning that I would find a modeler to finish it and get it in the game. (Also, you are incorrect that we have had it for a full year...it was sometime earlier this year that I received it from you.)

Monty stepped up and I sent it to him. After checking it out, he decided to start from scratch. Not becasue there was anything wrong with it as far as I know, but because he uses different modeling techniques than were used by Chicago in making the original model. Let's not leave Chicago out of this, shall we? He was the original modeller, and you did very little with it for quite some time after receiving it from him.

At any rate, about the time the external model was ready and the flight model was getting close, Monty started on the pit. Just days after I saw the first test build of the pit, WoV was announced, along with an official A-6. The question now is whether or not we will finish the A-6 at all, or defer to the one in WoV.

I don't really know what point you were trying to make with your post, but I don't like it whatever it is.

well first of all whatever, second however the point i was making is that I wasnt taking any credit for peoples work,namely beers I corrected beer in his assumption that i was using his work( due in part my lack of clarification), i merely wanted to clear up his error that I wasnt using his original model cause i know he did alot of work to get the concept of importing models and its not my place or preference to use peoples work although i will admit i shouldnt released the model I textured in that i apologize to beer I should of asked for his permission.

as far as the A-6? I was merely reinerating what Beer was trying to compare me to doing what DO was doing nothing more. whether or not its a new one its still not done I would of liked to see it done, I had my reasons for not finishing (NYPD training) so lets say u not get all winded and upset over my error about who did what and how they did it, sorry for being human and having a lapse of memory on who did what and when. when i said "handed off" I talking about giving up my place as the person who was "tweaking" the A-6. SO before u get all "menstrual" lets just leave it at this as I wanted to correct beer on that nothing more. But my adding in the A-6 was another example of that i wasnt using people work and being compared to such. Fullyear? well guess what it was damn near close and it yet to be finished.Tick tock bub tick tock. But In both models I merely extending my services to help get it out though it didnt work that way. nothing more nothing less, dont look into something thats not there bub. im not here to argue so lets leave this post alone.

Hell i could of been finished it long before that lol.

What a load of horse s**t.

You took Chicagos model and did NOTHING to it. Then you talked some rubbish about starting your own software company then decided you were going to join the police force and handed over Chicagos model with basically no work done to it.

kinda lessens the quality in my opinion,

Lessens the quality? Cheaky f***er.

Oh btw, when I checked your A-6 pit it was completely inaccurate, looked like you'd built it without any drawings, what a joke.

Cheers

Edited by Armourdave

never said i started a software company only that one of my friends did , only that i was joining NYPD and that i had no time to finish it. BUt no matter, this is what i get for trying to correct someone for saying i was using their work, and all the stuff i said is yes the truth, whether or not u admit it is.

lessens the quality? yeah in "my opinion" emphasis on the word opinion dude! when you go a person doing 20 million projects yeah something is gonna be overlooked, just like i did with a few projects. As far as me being inaccurate,excuse me If i have stuff I have to do that interferes with me being 'accurate" I was going off little help from you guys which i asked for on endless times with no response from anyone who knew of resources for planes or schematics, or blueprints etc., other than the complaining of when its gonna be out. But you know what it doesnt really matter anymore, this what i get for correcting someone and not clarifying certain points, then "certain' people wanna backlash on me for saying what i feel and what i saw or in this case read.

i handed my model bare to chicago cause i didnt want to use my work, or have it intefere withothers work. that way they had a bare base model to go from if they wanted to work on it. But ill admit i could of done more with the model than what i did. but still giving back a model unfinished is not good, id rather give a model bare for someone in case they have a different way of modeling, or texturing or better yet, are better than me in texturing and modeling to begin with. looks like it turned out to be a good thing since the A-6 is on its way to getting finished.

"oh thats not true Fu you cheeky f**ker(<--laughs at this term) blah blah blah"", well it is, i rememeber from the posts that Ive read fopr like what? year? two years? and have kept up on in the recent past. In any event...

Dont turn this intoo a flame war guys please I havent time to argue with you guys. Enjoy your game, your models, some of you do great models and I have respect for the hardwork you do, i have no respect for others however who jump on a post and talk smack to a person like they are back in junior high school. grow up and learn to debate like a normal adult.

ps..why do i feel more is coming...

I  merely extending my services to help get it out though it didnt work that way. nothing more nothing less, dont look into something thats not there bub. im not here to argue so lets leave this post alone.

No way in hell I'm leaving this post alone.

Your so-called "services" are just like those of Digital-Underload. You talk a great game but you've never produced a single thing.

You are a poser.

i handed my model bare to chicago cause i didnt want to use my work

Ughhh Chicago handed YOU the model, it's his work. Are you now trying to claim the model was yours?

looks like it turned out to be a good thing since the A-6 is on its way to getting finished.

That really has nothing to do with you. None of it is your work.

Cheers

hell no u did not say i am like DO! i never used any 3d model and said it was my own!! only thing i was guilty for was not clarifying about the CV41 model and where i stand in its development, that is what confused Beer thinking I was using his model, i merely cleared that up I am doing a model from scratch! but im a poser??? knee-grow please!! maybe i didnt bring out 90 models like you!!(i do have a life and bills to pay sorry about that cant be helped) or others but i tried my best to do for this game, and help out with what little i did. but you know what its okay, im not sweating it. Cause I know I am no poser. Whatever DO did is what he did, i never did anything along those lines! so get ya facts straight fool!

armor i handed it to him cause it was his!! fool

i knew it was a "good thing" cause i had no time to do it

"my work" meaning the tweaks and adjustments i did and texturing i did!!

is that better or should i break out the chalkboard and draw things out?

u guys are a bunch of lunkheads! lol

so get ya facts straight fool!

You even talk like him.

OK, let's all calm down and bring the tone down a bit or this one's gonna get locked up real fast.

Looks like a genuine and lively debate, and I don't want to stifle that, but drop the name calling, or I'll have to pull the plug.

-Skater

Wow, sounds like we got another Ranger on our hands.

I'll go ahead and lock it up, everyone understands everyone else's position. Scratch build your models, or give credit to the origional maker (if you have the permission of the origional model maker to use his work) and we will gladly host the files here. That is the bottom line.

DP I was not confused by anything, I am also warning you about your "knee gro" please comment, this will not be tolerated here at Biohaz. I am astonished that you were/are in the running as a canididate for the NYPD.

I will close with this.

The best test of Integrity is what one does when (he or she thinks) no-one is looking.

There are cheerleaders and champions, one needs to figure out which one they wanna be, and choose the right path to reach their goal.

Cheers

Beer