Sign in to follow this  
cgold

SFp1 Game Crash

I installed SFp1 back onto my laptop... The game starts, runs nicely, but after a mission, I hit 'Esc' and the game doesn't debrief. It just crashes to the desktop. This game did work on this laptop before. The trouble is now finding what to straighten out in order to complete a sortie fully. Any ideas? This is Windows 7 OS and it *is* installed to the correct place on my :C Drive. All patches are installed (also in the correct place) from Third Wire's website and the weapons pack is working correctly as well. :blink:

SFP1 is designed for XP. Had some problems with Vista and 7. Thatswhy the SF2 is designed.

Yeah... AFAIK, this problem wasn't resolved with the patching. As far as I can recall, it was due to an incompatibility with DX10. The 2nd generation series was re-engineered to be compatible with Vista, Windows 7 (and potentially future OSs) specifically and these games don't suffer from this Esc crash to desktop issue. I know of some modders/Wings over players still using the first generation series with Vista or Windows 7, but they all complain of buggy elements they can't seem to resolve. Most are either changing their OSs or moving onto SF2.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help you Cgold. :S

Would the game crash if the game can't find the debrief screen or something like that? It looks like the game tries to do something, but it ends up on the desktop...

With my Vista installation i can play WoE or WoI without problems, but First Eagles shows the same failure as you descripe. The game makes a CTD when i press the ESC Key. No debriefing screen, so no campaign is available. Its no way to solve this problem.

So i think you should by SF2 for your notebook.