Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

Trackir-6?"

Someone said that track ir 6 would be out soon. True or not? Would it be an upgrade from 5, and worth holding off buying 5 now?

Thanks for you input. CW3SF

I understand they must do business and keep developing new models, but I'm so satisfied with my TrackIR 4 that I haven't even thought about getting a newer model. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the differences between 4 and 5 aren't that big in any case. Maybe 6 will bring something revolutionary with it, maybe not.

You'll actually find the camera unit from TR4 to be less sensative to ambient light then the TR5 . . . .Worth consideration if you live in an area with heavy sunlight

I bought the TR5, but I went back to my TR4, as I could only play at night

Your about the xth person who has stated that "problem" and on several different forums. NaturalPoint has been silent as well regarding sensitivity. That's the primary reason I never went that upgrade route.

plug_nickel

Someone said that track ir 6 would be out soon. True or not? Would it be an upgrade from 5, and worth holding off buying 5 now?

Thanks for you input. CW3SF

I am not aware that the TrackIR 6 is in development

• Like 1

I wonder. . do they still sell Trackir 4 because that's all that's needed. You only get the Camera for your monitor, and the clip for your hat, No matter which one you buy, the software is all via Download

You'll actually find the camera unit from TR4 to be less sensative to ambient light then the TR5 . . . .Worth consideration if you live in an area with heavy sunlight

I bought the TR5, but I went back to my TR4, as I could only play at night

The TrackIR 5 itself is more accurate, than the TrackIR 4.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/trackir-product-comparison.html

Regardless of using either the TrackIR 4, or the 5, background IR light (sunlight, incandecent bulbs, etc.) can cause tracking issues, as IR light is IR light to the cameras. The TrackIR 5 software is a little better at only tracking moving objects, so that can help out as well.

When using the 5, and you had extra IR issues, did you try adjusting the light filtering option, in the advanced settings -> camera tab?

I am not aware that the TrackIR 6 is in development

Hahaha! Sometimes the customers are overshooting the devs of a product. :lol:

Your quick reaction is what I call being in touch with your customers, NaturalPoint_Vince! :good:

Edited by Olham

How many of you have used the light filter on Track 5? Seeing as there is no "6" ( my information was not good) I am left with 4, or 5 which has a slighty wider field of view. Does 5 offer any other "stuff" of value?

With my set up, most times my wife is sitting behind ( on my 5 oclock ) with a reading light ( and sometimes ear plugs) so any issue with light would be a deal breaker. One of you wise guys, some time ago,

offered up a portable wall ( screen) as a solution.

Thanks CW3SF

Simpler solution - place the reading chair + reading light elsewhere.

And tell your wife, strong light disturbs air traffic to an untolerable extent. :grin:

If she opposes, ask her if she still loves you.

(Women play that trick all the time, when they want something).

Still using Track IR 3Pro hardware, without problems. Not happy with the TIR5 software but I'll get used to it, seeing as how that's all that WOFF recognizes. And even if I was considering upgrading TIR, the potential of Oculus Rift would have me holding off. I know I've posted that it's seeming less promising than first anticipated, but I'm not prepared to write it off based on supposition which is based on guarded releases by the manufacturer. Final decision will only come once the product is released.

The TIR 4 software also had a light filtering feature, which helped with reflected light but it's no match for a hot light source. My solution when I had the computer in our living room with a reading lamp behind me was to line the inside of the lampshade with aluminum foil on the computer side. Blocked the light completely, was barely noticeable to visitors and even reflected more light onto what my wife was reading...a win-win-win situation.

Edited by von Baur