Hey does anyone now the status of the sim? i.e. is it really going to be released next month, will it be in the stores or just sold online? I tried emailing them but something either screwed up or they're just too busy to respond. I can't wait to fly Carrier ops in the A-7!

Foofighter

Hey Chief,

Good to see you, Take it easy on the move and hope you're taking the strays with you cause I know they're in good hands!

Foo

Edited by Foofighter

Hey Foo

We went to the "new" place today to begin installing more fencing. Main reason is to keep out the neighbor's dogs. Mostly worried about our cats, but also other dogs going after my dog.

Anyway, after putting up about 100 ft of fence, we were pooped out. Decided to find some day labor in the local area. I am not about to have a stroke, trying to put up fencing.

We begin moving in on the 29th. Computer line and phone to be hooked up same day, but TV (sattellite) won't be possible until our house sells.

Got a lot of work ahead of us. Not fun, but looking forward to more room in "new" house.

NC

Hey Chief,

I've never put up a fence but my brother says its not easy. Glad to hear your taking the cats with you and making it safe for them and Chief.

Looks like you'll be getting your carrier's in this sim!

I posted on a few other sites and if I hear any news on WOV I'll make sure I post it. I can't wait to get it.

Anyway,

Hope everything goes smoothly and once you get settled and WOV comes out maybe we can try some MP with it. Wouldn't it be cool to go on a A-7 strike mission in MP?!

Foo

Edited by Foofighter

Well, a little information for you, but I do not have the exact street dates.

The title should be in the stores the end of October to early November. I will attempt to get the exact stores the game will be found at and when.

I will attempt to get the exact stores the game will be found at and when.

Details of European distribution too if you have any info please Peter.

European distribution options are still in discussion, so the release there will be slightly off of the North American release...but we are working on it.

Well, a little information for you, but I do not have the exact street dates.

The title should be in the stores the end of October to early November.  I will attempt to get the exact stores the game will be found at and when.

Cool.

Just let me know when I can order it at my local Sam Goody, or failing that at Chips & Bits...

they are currently working on oversea distribution.

they are currently working on oversea distribution.

The game went GOLD over a month ago, not a single post anywhere from anyone about it.

The game was shipping and it wasn't until someone accidently ran across it on a website. Again not a single post from anywhere.

Why all the secrecy, it isn't like this game is the second coming.

It is SF with a static small airfield with wires (that is called a carrier).

Except for the carrier , there is very little in this game that SF doesn't have.

The game went GOLD over a month ago,

I can tell you that that is 100% not true.

Except for the carrier , there is very little in this game that SF doesn't have.

Considering the gameplay value of SF then adding in a Carrier will make it even better.

It would make sense to reserve judgement until we have had a chance to play the thing for real for a bit, rather than make snippy comments about airfields with wires doncha think?

Edited by Vorlon

I can tell you that that is 100% not true.

I'll 2nd that. You must be thinking of another game that came out awhile back. This one was being tested FOR initial release up until a week or two ago.

Except for a carrier there's little that this has? :blink:

Stock A-6B, A-7, F-8, F-105, A-4F, F-4J included (as well as regular SF acft). Linebacker, Linebacker II, and Rolling Thunder campaigns from a carrier or Thailand. Every squadron in Vietnam to choose from for the USAF, USN, and USMC. Even bridges to blow up real good! :spiteful:

I don't know why all the secrecy, but WOV is pretty darn good. :biggrin:

Do we have a European distributer and release date yet or should I just pirate it of the net.

This is bloody stupid. :help:

No details yet of a European distribution deal for WoV but I know that Thirdwire have plans.

You can import a copy from the US for about £22/€30 delivered.

nyarla!

one warning here: we do not support neither endorse software piracy, no matter how "just" the cause may be!

I would suggest not talking about pirating any software here-many people who are posting here have helped make WOV, either by contributing stuff or beta-testing, and these guys could see posts like yours as a slap in the face of the honest people, buying it or waiting for it to arrive to buy it!

so please refrain from any further posting with piracy in mind-consider this as a warning!

best regards

BL