Playing WOV. I have searched the NB; What do the values in weapon.ini mean?

I want to make bombs more effective, slightly easier to hit targets, do more damage to surrounding area. I just dont know what to change exactly. I assumed the "explosives" value might do it? Or do I mess with "mass"?

Also, at the bottom, what does CEP stand for?

I have messed with the following, example- Mk 81 250lb bomb:

In Weapondata.ini I have changed the "Explosives=xxxxx" value to "Explosives=1555.110001" as example; I think I have noticed some difference, not sure...

=[WeaponData001]

TypeName=Mk81

FullName=Mk.81 250-lb Bomb

ModelName=mk81

Mass=113.400002

Diameter=0.230000

Length=1.880000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.092000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.357000

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF,USN

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=USAF

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=3

BaseQuantity=24

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=3

WeaponDataType=0

RailLaunched=FALSE

Retarded=FALSE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=FALSE

EffectClassName=SmallBombEffects

DragAreaMultiplier=1.000000

WarheadType=0

Explosives=1555.110001 <<<<<<<<-----------------==========

FusingDistance=0.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=0

Accuracy=0

MaxTurnRate=0.000000

MaxLaunchG=0.000000

LockonChance=0

LaunchReliability=0

ArmingTime=0.000000

SeekerFOV=0.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=0.000000

SeekerTrackRate=0.000000

SeekerRange=0.000000

ReleaseAnimationID=-1

EODisplayFlags=0

CEP=20.000000

There's no real need to do that. The best things to do are to learn to drop the bombs accurately, and drop more of them (multiple ejector racks were invented for a reason). It is only in the modern era of precision guided weapons that one can think in terms of "one bomb-one target".

If you are using the weapon packs there is no reason to change the entries at all as when they were developed input was given by Marine and Naval Aviation Ordnancemen as well as USAF Ammo Troops and other weapon handlers. All the variables were based on real life experience and non-classified sources. If you want your weapons to be "more effective" try installing the Range scenery and Practice,Practice, Practice, that is the only way you will be able to put bombs on target.

As for CEP;

Circular

Error of

Probability

The entry you use ,20.0000, means that if all goes well you should hit near your aim point to within 20 feet (maybe meters). Hitting anything within 50 feet using a 250 lb bomb would be considered a near lethal hit. One thing to point out, the weight of a weapon is not an indicator of the weight of explosive filler. Mk 82 GP bomb body is 500 pounds, of that approximately 51% of it's weight is just the casing, the explosive content would be less than 250 pounds, but enough to ruin someones day.

One last thing, the proper word and spelling is ORDNANCE, ordinance is a minor law or instruction. If you break an ordinance you have to pay a ticket or fine, if you break ordnance you could be paying with your life.

All figures range, distance, and altitude figures in this series are expressed in meters (m). All weights, in Kilograms (kg). The correct explosive weight for that weapon would be 44.0 kg, according to this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_81_bomb. Oh, and the actual CEP of a Mark 81 is less than 5 meters (about 15 feet).

Now you know it's been a while since I was in the Weapon Editor tweeking things, forgot everything was metric. I still think that playing with the values on Mk 80 series bomb is just cheating yourself out of learning the skills to put weapons on target. The amount of work done on the first weapon pack was staggering, I know I spent about 30-40 hours getting the FAE to work before giving the values out so they could be loaded into the proper bomb body.Even then someone else came up with a better .ini for it. Not to mention doing some early beta testing, I still have the test video of the nuke from before it was released. If it ain't broke don't fix it and the weapon packs don't need fixing.