Sign in to follow this  
fougamagister

shaking cargos and helos

Hi everyone

I've a very upsetting issue with 90% of the latest multi engine mods (C-119 / C-123 / C-5 / C-17...) and 90% of the helos. Here's the thing: While on the runway, I push the throttle, the aircraft starts to move normally, the speed increases and then, just before reaching the take off speed, my aircraft stars to shake so hard that I can barely control it ! The weird thing is that when I switch on the "autopilot" or "wing leveler" the mod flies smoothly.

The same thing happens with the helos, except for the ones of the Malvina's pack.

I'm running WOE, still 06 patched

I guess there's something to tweak in the data.ini, because few of the recent cargos work fine, like the AN-22 and the Constellation.

Play with PitchDamper.

I found a fix for the cargo shakes some time back. I forgot it. :rofl:

But, what I did was in the FM data file, a single variable. Maybe -- try increasing PitchDamper near the top under [FlightControl]. Experiment around. Or maybe that's AI only, but whatever it was, I increased it and the shakes went away. Try it and poast back. Its a problem I'll eventually have to solve as my SF game gets going.

I'm running WOE, still 06 patched

MEEE TOOO !!! (well, SF 2006, close enough)

Hillbilly.gif

Thanks for your help but I tried what you said with no success..

Taking the C-123B as a testbed:

[FlightControl]

StallSpeed=43.18

CruiseSpeed=85.45

ClimbSpeed=62.15

CornerSpeed=62.15

LandingSpeed=47.22

MaxG=3.00

MaxSpeedSL=113.9

MachLimit=0.68

PitchDamper=0.8 >>> I tried to set it to 1 then 10 then 100

RollDamper=0.8

YawDamper=2.0

Changing the value of the PitchDamper only results in "locking" the pitch of the aircraft. But those vertical little tremblings/shakings are still here giving me headache..

Strangely the C-119 only shakes a little, while the AC-119K has the same issue than the others. But I couldn't find anything out in comparing the data.ini's.

maybe because they're 08 and above level FMs?? Without 'downgrading' them, or having someone rebuild them to 2 generations-ago patch levels ... you might not be able to fix it.

Or, just patch to 08 level (create a new install, patch, and re-test).

another reason the 'big birds' are best left as AI (bombers, transports, etc).

wrench

kevin stein

:salute:

Ahh....it was EmptyInertia=

Increase it significantly, by an order of magnitude if needed (add a trailing zero before the decimal).

At the time, I figured, there was some confusion on how to calculate this.

Or, just patch to 08 level (create a new install, patch, and re-test).

Oh believe me, if it was me, I would run the 2nd gen of the game (I even bought it), but my actual laptop doesn't want to ! I started to have some serious graphic issue with the 08 patches and all the patches that followed, so ...

Its fixable. I just forgot how.

I'll keep looking fouga.

Thanks a lot Lex, I'll try it this evening after work !

Edited by fougamagister

Thank you very much Lexx ! Your tweak works perfectly, Now I can enjoy my helos and my heavies :salute::clapping:

:good:

Some of the cargoes are very immersive to play, especially using Open Cockpit method and so you are surrounded by the great supermodels' 3D canopy framework.

Its not just a model, its a supermodel