Sign in to follow this  
Skater

5 gmail accounts to give away...

First 5 responders to this topic get a gmail account with 1GB of storage.

All I need is a first name last name and a working e-mail address and you got an account.

-Skater

Got a question right quick, before you sign me up. Is this just for google's trial period, or what?

got one already IAF.Nesher@gmail.com

thanks anyway :D

Got a question right quick, before you sign me up. Is this just for google's trial period, or what?

Nope. Works forever.

-Skater

Story of my life.......lost again :(

NC

Chief,far as I know I only saw two folks giving the info..I thinks you might be in

lucifers_hitman@yahoo.com

GIMME! :)

Skater, if there's one left I'll take it. I need a new junkmail account. =)

Ok, well... 4 responders.

I have one left.

Seawolf and utley, gmail requires a first and last name as well as an active e-mail address in order to send the invite. gmail is, right now, by invite only.

The first one to post that info, gets the last account I have available.

-Skater

TJ Seemann

pg_raptor@hotmail.com

I don't really foresee any use for it now, but you never know...

EDIT: Sorry guys, I wasn't gonna do this, because I really don't have a use for it as of right now, but Skater's wording just made me take it ;)

Edited by PG_Raptor

TJ Seemann

pg_raptor@hotmail.com

I don't really foresee any use for it now, but you never know...

EDIT: Sorry guys, I wasn't gonna do this, because I really don't have a use for it as of right now, but Skater's wording just made me take it ;)

PG, utley and Seawolf posted their info first, but they left out the name info. What I meant by my post was that the first OF THOSE TWO that posts the info I need gets the account.

Sorry. They'll give me another six accounts to give out soon. Hey, maybe Nesher has an account invite to spare.

-Skater

No gmail for me, thanks (quote below from PCworld, but I have read many articles on the subject):

Gmail does have a controversial aspect: the way it handles advertising. Gmail automatically scans e-mail and displays ads that may be relevant to messages' content. Gmail's privacy policy states that no humans view your e-mail; that only a limited set of employees can access user accounts for quality, security, audit, and other internal business purposes; and that any such access is recorded.

Instead of being embedded in e-mail messages, ads are placed on the Web page in a column alongside messages, much the way they appear in Google search results.

ill give away 5 gmail accounts, same deal as skater.

and btw, the ads dont get in the way at all, not like hotmail is. i barely even notice them.

Edited by joejoe

and btw, the ads dont get in the way at all, not like hotmail is. i barely even notice them.

For me, it's not so much the ads themselves, but rather how they go about determining what ads to throw your way. Scanning all your e-mail, searching for keywords. I know in this best-effort, unencrptyed world it is hard to prevent, but I try to limit this type of activity as much as possible. Within my control, anyway :D

i suppose it would be a problem if there were someone else looking at your google ads. just look at it this way, its all generated by computer and an automated process to turn your spam into targeted ad content. i know there cant be any illegal ad content because its all coming from google's parteners websites. before i got my account i had the same view as you, but when i started using it, i realized how rediculous my fear of it was. but, to each his own.

Seawolf and Utley...

I'm still waiting for one of you to post a first and last name...

-Skater

Skater, thanks! Got mine setup today.

I would recommend everyone go back and edit out your emails from your posts now so the old spam harvesters don't pull them from the forums.

Skater, thanks! Got mine setup today.

I would recommend everyone go back and edit out your emails from your posts now so the old spam harvesters don't pull them from the forums.

I would, but there's no edit button... :blink: