Sign in to follow this  
draken

From Left Field

A few days ago i received on my cell phone a unknown caller whose phone number wasn't on any phone or cell banks completely untraceable. So I invested some capital to get to the root. What i found was disturbing. The individual who placed the call used Skype to make the call. It originated from a street in Washington D.C. And the message they left was completely inaudible. From what i understand Skype is the type of communication used by sim players on the INTERNET. What is really upsetting is that my cell phone company acted as though they had their hands tied behind their backs when i asked them for help. To this day i still don't know how they were able to bypass phone registries.:angry2:

I'm not seeing the issue here...Skype is a VOIP service that you can use like a typical chat/webcam client, and/or you can use it to call phone numbers like an actual phone if you have a paid account.

FC

I'm not seeing the issue here...Skype is a VOIP service that you can use like a typical chat/webcam client, and/or you can use it to call phone numbers like an actual phone if you have a paid account.

FC

Granted FastCargo, if the user has a paid account. It would seem this phantom caller is illegally using the service. Any suggestions on how to catch the culprit would be most appreciated.

Why? Does he keep calling you? Or was it a one time deal?

FC

Multiple calls and the gender of culprit has not been established.

• Dislike 1

Well, other than contacting Skype, I don't have any suggestions.

FC

Well, other than contacting Skype, I don't have any suggestions.

FC

I got a suggestion, don't skype. It is amazing to find that life goes on without.