Sign in to follow this  
Von Paulus

Mass Effect 3

Let's start the thread. I'm sure that from now on will begin to see some news about it.

It would be great if they returned to the RPG idea.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/13/bioware-designer-talks-about-goals-for-mass-effect-3/

I saw this in another forum:

Film Composer Clint Mansell to Score Mass Effect 3

The famous composer for films such as 'Requiem For a Dream' and 'Moon' reveals that he and BioWare are BFFs.

Clint Mansell, composer of such classic motion picture scores as 'The Fountain' and 'Requiem For a Dream' dropped the news that he is writing the musical score for the last chapter in BioWare's epic Mass Effect trilogy in an interview with The Quietus about his latest film, 'Black Swan'.

The website Badass Digest picked up on the news of Mansell's involvement in Mass Effect 3, which saw the composer asked about whether he does much work for other outlets like computer games. Mansell responded by saying: "I'm doing a video game this year actually. Mass Effect 3".

When describing what it's like to score a video game, Mansell said: "As I was saying about Public Enemy and re-working old hip-hop tunes for Requiem, and kind of re-working old ballet tunes for Black Swan, with something like Mass Effect you're more like a DJ, with all these elements. You've got the holding pattern, then the big explosion where you need the score to kick in. Then you need to take it off on a tangent. You've got all these different elements that change depending on what the player does. You have to figure out an overall symphony, but be able to break it down into component parts. You can bring the pain when required".

This is incredible news as Mansell is regarded by many as one of the most gifted composers working in the film industry today. His music is famous for being as epic as it is haunting. His involvement in Mass Effect 3 gives us good reason to believe we might be in for the most emotionally devastating game in BioWare's space opera franchise yet.

Lovely cgi trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-mass-effect/708363

I've only played the first so far, have yet to start the 2nd. I've also heard this will be the final chapter in Shepard's story, whether there's an ME4 or not. If there is, my guess is they'll either elevate a previously background character or they'll just make a new one.

I've only played the first so far, have yet to start the 2nd. I've also heard this will be the final chapter in Shepard's story, whether there's an ME4 or not. If there is, my guess is they'll either elevate a previously background character or they'll just make a new one.

Yes it will be the final.

[sarcasm] ME4 will be a MMO. [/sarcasm]

Don't forget to keep the saves from ME1 to use it in ME2.

ME2 is more shooting than RPG and that's a shame. But the graphics are better, the levels are well designed and the story is as good as the first.

Edited by Von Paulus

Playing ME1 really did bring back that feel I got from playing KOTOR. Man I wish there had been a KOTOR 3 with MP ala NWN2.

Playing ME1 really did bring back that feel I got from playing KOTOR. Man I wish there had been a KOTOR 3 with MP ala NWN2.

You'll have SW:TOR. :spiteful:

It's more profitable.

Edited by Von Paulus

I dislike MMOs because they require a time commitment I do not have to give.

Quote from another forum:

- Game begins with Shepard on Earth

- Shepard is on trial in regard to the events of Arrival

- Reapers invade while the trial is happening

- Prologue: Shepard's escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops

- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders

- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down

- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson

- Game will show a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions if you're starting from scartch

- The Illusive Man plays a big role

- Cerberus is out to kill Shepard

- Enhanced RPG elements

- More freedom with character skills

- Larger skill trees

- Powers will evolve several times, not just once

- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list

- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance)

- Numerous endings

- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available

- No multiplayer

This seems to be a leak from May Gameinformer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/07/may2011_2d00_cover_2d00_reveled_2d00_me3_2d00_789055.aspx

New Confirmed Characters:

-Tali: Has unfinished business with Shepard.

-Jack: Had a character redesign. Was a popular romance option.

Confirmed Part of Squad:

-Liara

-Garrus

-Kaiden/Ashley (Has achieved Spectre status)

-James Sanders

Present:

-Admiral Anderson

-EDI

-Joker

-The Illusive Man

-Mordin (The plot dictates that he stays close to Shepard)

-Legion

(And, from Game Informer earlier, Wrex)

Confirmed Locations:

-Salarian Homeworld

-Quarian Homeworld Rannoch (The Geth Occupied One)

-Mars (A human-mining operation)

-A human mega city that formed when Vancouver and Seattle merged.

Add: That's where you'll spend your time on Earth. So not London or New York like previously mentioned. Describes the planet: 'It's curved, futuristic buildings bathe in beautiful light as the sea laps into the waterfront and docks.' They also saw the aftermath in which the Reapers decimate it.

Heavy Melee Attacks

-Class based one hit kill melee move.

-There is a new charged-up melee attack where Shepard uses his Omni-Tool to inflicting a big burning hit.

Additional Details:

-Casey Hudson says, the game will have some epic moments, as well as 'smaller, more personal moments' that exceeds the previous 2 games. The player will start realising things from Shepard's personal life. He will have to deal with the consequences of the sacrifices he's had to make.

-Obvious: Your choices will all have an impact in ME 3 such as the genophage, the collector base, your LI choices etc.

-New enemy type: The Cannibal. Part Batarian, part Human and part Reaper. Consumes other enemies in combat to gain strength.

-The Turret that Engineers can use won't kill enemies, but distract them.

-Gunfights are quicker and more deadly (confirmation).

-Visually it's tapping the heels of games such as Killzone 3 and Crysis 2, with 6 months development time left.

-The Rachni decision may haunt you in ME 3.

-Character customisation will be as extensive as ever.

-The action, rather than the all-linear affair of ME 2, will be more along the lines of Uncharted.

-New Cerberus troops are called Phantoms and Assassins.

-Shepard faces full-on bosses in the game's story. Some are really huge. One part, you have to lure a Reaper up to a Thresher Maw so they can duke it out.

-"Many of the core story levels are built around the largest, most dramatic moments in the galaxy."

-The Mass Effect series has sold over 7 million copies.

I haven't finished my first run thru of ME2 yet, but I like it as much as ME1. I hope ME3 doesn't disappoint.

I hope you all enjoy the...interesting...endings.

The soundtrack is the best so far!

It'll be some time till I get around to getting this game, but I certainly will at some point.