Sign in to follow this  
Chaingun

Another Cancer Battle Lost....

Just thought I'd give you an update on how he was progressing, he lost his fight this morning at 8:30am cst. He was a great man, served in the Navy during the Korean War, which was funny, he said no North Korean invaded Puerto Rico during his service, so he must have done his job well. Always with the sense of humor.

It was hard watching the cancer eat away at him. August 31st was the diagnosis, October 2nd was the end. At least he passed away in the comfort of our home and not some stale sterile hospital the way he wanted to go. It seemed to be peaceful (thankfully) He was such an active individual to go as he did being eaten down to skin and bones. Don't know what hurt him more the cancer or the fact that he had lost his independence.

Salute and I hope this finds you all doing well.

Joe

sorry for your lost...

hope u will come to the forum next times with only good news

<S>

Sorry to hear that Chain. At least it was fairly quick. My grandmother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer for six years before it finally took her. I was the last one of my immediate relatives to see her, bout a month before she died. It's always sad to let go of someone so near and dear to your heart. My prayers are with you today.

I'm sorry for your loss Chaingun,but be glad he is at rest now. I know how you feel having seen both grandmothers and my grandfather be taken by cancer. You will be in my prayers tonight.

my grandfather too, lost his battle to cancer...

i loved him very much... and have small and good memories of him

i was 6-7 years old when he past away... :(

Chain,man sorry to hear about you loss..I'll be calling ya man.

Thanks all,

I'm just glad his struggle is over, he was running at 15 litres of oxygen for the last week, barely able to breathe. He is now in a much better place and not struggling for his breath.

Sorry for your loss Chaingun, this is the reason why Folding is more than Teambuilding and bragging rights, its about finding cures.

Prayers for your family

Beer

Sorry for your loss CG.

RIP Shipmate.

-Skater

I am sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you and your family. Lost my Mom the same way on Nov. 29. Diagnosed on Sept. 6, 2003.

I know it's hard but try to hang in there.

Foo

Chaingun, My sincerest condolences and prayers go up for you and your family.