Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Forum Upgrade Scheduled 10/05/2004

Tuesday evening at 5:00pm PDT I will be taking the forum offline for a couple hours while I upgrade it to the new version. I'll be making a complete database backup and then doing the upgrade, so we should lose nothing. If the transition does not go smoothly I will roll the DB back to the backup and bring the old system back online.

Cool! Are we gaining any new features with the upgrade, or just losing old bugs?

Hopefully both. v2.0 has some nice new features as well as the usual bug fixes. Although being a whole new version, I'm sure there will be all new bugs to worry about. ;)

The conversion itself should be pretty smooth, although I'll have to do some skin editing to bring our current skin up to the new 2.0 code. If it's too ugly I'll set everyone to use the default 2.0 skin until I get the bugs worked out.

OK, the upgrade is complete. I have skin changed/updates to make, but take this baby for a spin and see what you can find that's broken.

The log in is screwed up.

Well... I say that, but I'm logged in... Well, when I first got on, I was signed in as "Guest" with no way to log into this name. But, when I clicked "reply" to this thread, it made me log in. So something to look at. Also, all them smilies are gone.

Alright, I did some more testing. When I deleted the cookies, it still shows "Logged in as: Guest (Log Out)". I can't log in there, at least until I try replying to something. Which brings me to my next thing, the Quick Reply is not working.

I confirmed this, and have a trouble ticket in to Inviosionboard to help resolve the issue. In the meantime, if you can't logon, just hit Post New Topic (or anything else that requires member access) and it will then ask you to login.

Alright, yet some more testing. That whole quick reply thing, that only applies to the "standard" view. The "Linear" and, umm, other one work. However, now that I've selected the other view, I don't have an option to go back.

Alright, yet some more testing.  That whole quick reply thing, that only applies to the "standard" view.  The "Linear" and, umm, other one work.  However, now that I've selected the other view, I don't have an option to go back.

Looks like the bugs are fixed. Unfortunatly, it was all in the skin. It's gonna take some real work to convert the skin. Oh well, nothing's ever easy. I know, this current skin is butt-ugly. I have to convert the old skin to the new format, it's gonna take a few days.

It looks good. For so far as I see.

New season of the year is new colours on my screen.

Salute

Dutchy

:unsure: Heh. Moving from the main page to the forum is like stepping into a hospital hallway. White everywhere.... oh, and here come the fellas with my custom-tailored straight jacket.... run!

LOL.

Here's a fast reply... to mention that I like the main forum page listing that tags yesterday's posts as "Yesterday" and today's posts as "Today." A slight change, but cool nonetheless. I no longer have to check the date to know which day is today. ;)

One thing, the yellow names are difficult to read on this background. When I looking for who is online, than are the yellow names not so good to read. Maybe to change the colour there?

Salute

Dutchy

Hmm, I still can't seem to go back to the Standard view, I liked that one better.

EDIT: But on that note, I was automatically logged in when I came to the forums, so that's working now ^_^

Edited by PG_Raptor

I downloaded a dark theme to get us by until I get our old theme converted. Not quite so hard on the eyes... ;)