Sign in to follow this  
NachtPiltoen

shader.xml

Hello,

I fly mostly CFS3 and have been fairly busy making planes for the sim. Several years ago someone released a modified shader file that made the scenery very dark so the ground did not "glow" at night. I am making a nightwar add on and really need help trying to either find that old file, or for someone to be so kind as to help me make the ground textures at night be less reflective and dark as they should be so you can not easily silhouette against the ground or the sky for that matter. Thanks for readng this and considering my request.

NP:bye:

NP

welcome aboard :clapping:

I think is was included with the "Dynamic Battle of Britain" campaign @simouthouse, the one featuring Ground Controller voices, but it was well four or so years ago... IIRC gave sweet steel-bluish metallic specular to planes :good:

Stary,

Thanks for the lead. I'll check to see if anyone still has that on their computers. I do remember though that a shaders file was released as a stand alone modification that was designed specifically for the night skies, just may have to start up the two older machines in the attic tosee if it is there if no one can find it or help me understand the shaders file.

It is great to be here!