Sign in to follow this  
Olham

OT: Back for 9 Days

I'm back from Ostfriesland, where I had 12 straining days.

My mother has to move out of the flat she's been living in for 10 years, and I did most of the clearing and packing.

All this had to be done within short time for various reasons, and as the "old lady" also just had a knee surgery,

it was all too much for her; and I felt like violating her life and feelings with my actions, which I could not do any

more gently though.

It was very tiring, and I'm glad I could return to Berlin for 9 days, before she will move into the new flat on the

old age terrain (she'll have her own little flat, with some service from the old age, and an alarm conection).

It will all be much smaller, and I hope, she will get used to that. But the appartment is very nice.

Now I will try to get the most out of the forum and OFF flying, before I will travel there again, for another 10 days.

Welcome back. While you were away, P4 was released. We're all flying and enjoying it...

Just kidding. :grin::drinks:

Welcome back old chap... its been quiet without you... oh and I filled your beloved Albatross full of holes...

"Vott? You shot holez into my Albatros?!?!? Bleech!! I muszt find out, who dared to fly it in my absentze!!!

Schultz!!!!!!"

Nice try, Hasse Wind - but not with an OFF veteran. I know the devels by now.

But at least I found new P4 screenshots at my return - and they show more than I had expected so soon!

:drinks:

Edited by Olham

Welcome back if only for a short while. And I am glad to hear your mother is doing well.

Welcome back, Olham!

Beware the Frog on his hog!

Watch for the Yankee and his hanky!

Don't forget the Brit with his kit!

Welcome back, my friend. You have been missed. Enjoy your respite. It's a tough time for all concerned and that's for sure but it'll turn out fine.

It's good to have you back Olham - my sympathies over the trials that you and your mother are experiencing. The boards have been darn quiet without you. I tried to fill the void where I could, but it turns out that you leave a rather large, Olham shaped hole when you're out of reach for a while.

Have a round on me and thanks for replying to my German message, I'm glad my skills are progressing. :drinks:

Welcome back, Olham!

Beware the Frog on his hog!

Watch for the Yankee and his hanky!

Don't forget the Brit with his kit!

Well, it's mainly the Brits with their kids who got me worried! (Mmuahahahahahahaaa!!!!) :grin:

Hihi, an "Olham-shaped hole" - perhaps that's where all my money goes??? :lol:

Thank you guys! :drinks:

Hello m8....welcome back..for a while at least

Willkommen, Herr Olham.

Proust! :drinks:

Edited by Von Paulus

Wow - that was the Ostfriesen-word for toasting, von Paulus.

The other Germans spell it "Prost!"

Proust, old boy! :drinks:

I didn't know if it was with or without a u. So I googled it. I picked the first one. :grin:

Could also be Dutch and Flamish Belgian - and will be understood everywhere anyway.

Welcome back Olham! Good to have you home Sir. I've been gone since a week ago Tuesday myself, but not a soul missed me around here. No surprize about that.

Well, I don't think that is true, Lou, cause your contributions are always some of the finest here.

Maybe they know your modesty, and didn't make as much noise as for me - I'm not so modest,

it seems.

:grin:

Welcome back Olham! Good to have you home Sir. I've been gone since a week ago Tuesday myself, but not a soul missed me around here. No surprize about that.

I noticed, Lou. :grin:

You don't give yourself nearly enough credit Lou. I noticed as well. :drinks:

I thought Proust was a writer, and Prost a formula 1 driver! :grin:

Welcome back, Olham.

:drinks:

Feh, I'm used to flying under the radar Gents, been doing it for the last 50+ years, though it is kind of you all to say that you noticed my absence.

Now as to VP's "Proust", well that's just how it's spelled in Pourtugal. :grin:

Welcome back Olham you were missed by all. I had my knee replaced last March and it isn't right yet. I still have to go to Physiotherapy twice a week. It has not been a good year as far as that is concerned. I wish your mother the best of luck in her recuperation.

Tony

Now as to VP's "Proust", well that's just how it's spelled in Pourtugal. :grin:

Phonetically, in Portuguese, would be Prosste.

In Portuguese we say "saúde" to say cheers. Now try to say it Lou. :rofl:

EDIT: I'll help you. Phonetically is Saw-OO-de.

Edited by Von Paulus

Sah-OOOOOOOO-deee! Sah-OOOOOOOO-deee!

And just in case it was lost in translation VP, the joke on my part was that I spelled "Portugal" as "Pourtugal"..."Prost" as "Proust"... get it? :biggrin:

Hihihi - the YouTube Polizei! ... Lawyers and solicitors, rather, Hasse Wind.

But Germany bought all of Monty Python in the seventies and eighties.

They even tried to translate it - which of course made them miss many of the jokes.

But: we have paid for it, and so the solicitors of the big entertainment companies

(or is it the good old BBC ?) cannot stop us from watching the original.

I have learnt more English through Monty Python, and the Beatles, than in school.

Thanks for the sketch, Hasse Wind. Not one of their top stuff, but fits here.