Sign in to follow this  
harryleith

Hitchhiker glitch with Su-22

I downloaded the Su-17/22 Pack for SF2 and have been flying them, testing them out. Imagine my surprise when I had a go at the Libyan Air force Su-22 and discovered I had a hitch hiker - or is it just a really unsuccessful supersonic trainer design?

gallery_56577_540_115711.jpg

I looked through the .ini file and found a second system_pilot listing for a KH-23 system, but commenting that section out seemed to make no difference. Anyone got any ideas? Having this guy hanging out the bottom of my aircraft is just plain strange.

I used to get that with the Typhoon because I hadn't read the 'read me' :grin: .

I think it's something to do with adding a component with the 'fake pilot' method but I'm getting out of my depth here and haven't got my water wings on. Man overboard!

Re-read the readme ... you've either missed a step in installation, or are missing a 'weapon/seat/other device' that the FakePilot is being used for.

Thus, again, stressing the importance of proper, detailed readme, and the End User™ following said instructions! :lol:

(of course, you can always consider him the new 'nose gear', ala "The Flintstones", to prevent scrapping the belly, or a FOD protection device --should be holding a broom!!)

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

The Read Me was silent on this issue, but there was a KN-23.lod kicking around loose in the Aircraft folder. In the end I deleted the entry in the .ini file for the extra pilot rather than just commented it out and he seems to have gone. Whoever he was - I hope he was getting danger money!

Older version. Now I understand the problem.

The version had not been upgraded to SF2 standards...which means giving the KN-23.LOD it's own pilots directory with an ini file.

FC

isn't the kn-23 the laser designator or some such thing??? (this was lindr's mod, iirc)

wrench

kevin stein