Sign in to follow this  
Falcon161

NEW rifle

Just put my fist rifle on layaway an CETME/ H&K G3...I have been a gun nut and military weapon enthusiast since an early age and didnt shoot a real firearm till last week and was freaking hooked from the first round leaving the chamber. Only thing I dont lke about it is the hunters camoflauge on the foregrip and stock...once I pay mytaxes off I plan on getting a new foregrip and stock any suggestions?

• Like 1

If it is a CETME, go for classic slim line hand guards. Very sexy.

If it is a G3, the wide hand guard is much better than the slim. Classic OD is the best.

http://www.robertrtg.com/pofg3widegreen.html

http://www.robertrtg.com/g3.html

I wish I had the money to actually get one. They are very nice rifles.

Thank you and if I am not mistaken and correct me if I am wrong the CETME is the Spanish made copy and their parts are interchangeable...mine is damn gorgeaous a little over 500 for a brand new one

CETME is the original developed by Vorgrimler, Heckler, and Koch while they were in Spain (they fled Germany shortly before the end of WWII). They eventually brought the CETME back with them into Germany in the mid 50's after the Belgians wouldn't sell the rights to produce the FN FAL in Germany (called the G1 in W. German use) for local production. Thus the G3 became the main battle rifle of W. Germany, with some minor mods of course.

Original G3's used similar wood furniture to that of the CETME, but then moved on to the plastic/fiberglass simline hand guard. The wide hand guards were adopted later on in its life, but were seen issued on marksman rifles as they had the cuts for the bipod to fold into while the sim line did not.

I did not know that...interesting as ever though. Its a sexy rifle but I will be replacing the handguards for damn sure the camo is that ugly tree camo tht hunters use and it is to thin for me

You don't mess around do you ? choosing a 7.62 battle rifle for your first firearm :good:

Much respect :drinks:

don't fire in auto more than 15 rounds, if not, the barrel will melt. when you shoot,pull the hand guard towards the ground, the rifle has tendency to lift the barrel while shooting.from all the handguards, the one with the two metal legs is the better.and the best to do is to clean it very thoroughly inside, after firing

The history of the CETME is, more exactly, that postwar we had basically an arsenal of arms developed from german weapons, in example, the Z45, wich was basically a MP-40 with a longer round (9x23mm) and fixed some reliability issues, as well as a different barrel, so we wanted to get better.

The CETME was (so was the FAL originally), meant to be an assault rifle, (this means, firing ammo like the 5.56x45mm NATO or 7.62x39mm (AK-47) wich, while less powerful than 7.62x51, is better controlable at automatic fire). In the case of the CETME, the proposal was the 7.62x51 CETME bullet, but lighter than the NATO standard. However, the US pressed so the NATO service rifles would have full power cartridges, the 7.62x51 NATO. (Ironically, like ten years later the US would press for the adoption of an intermediate cartridge, the 5.56, the opposite position)

So, the CETME A &B were assault rifles, but when the germans got interested, a 7.62x51 NATO rifle (Battle rifle, instead of assault rifle) was developed jointly, that´s the way we got the G3 in Germany and the CETME C in Spain. Export rights were handed over to the germans. The differences were the rear iron sight, the trigger group, flash hiders and magazines. Later, the G3 would change the handguard also.

NO sir I dont mess around I like the 7.62/ .308 rounds better since they hit harder and can go farther...shot my friends Romanian AK and it was a beautiful rifle didnt kick as much as I thought. Plus I have always had a thing for the CETME/ H&K G3 Rifles and they had a deal so I got it. Damn Siddley Saiga or Kalashnikov? Thats a big fracken Mag!

Edited by Falcon161

For military use is the Kashi the best you can get. On the shooting range other guns are better, but in battle i would only use a AK. It will fire when other guns already are on strike. No jam, no mailfunctions. Weak point is precision.

True I hit more with the AK than I did my Friends AR-15 though which weirded me out of course it was close range thoug

Damn Siddley Saiga or Kalashnikov? Thats a big fracken Mag!

Saiga :grin:

I modified it with a SAW grip, Galil style handguards and sights from a HK G3

Edited by Siddley

For military use is the Kashi the best you can get. On the shooting range other guns are better, but in battle i would only use a AK. It will fire when other guns already are on strike. No jam, no mailfunctions. Weak point is precision.

Valmet produced an accurate weapon using the Kalishnakov-style action (the M76), chambered for both 7.62 and 5.56 NATO rounds. And, it's almost laser-beam accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valmet_M76

111839_55582741_SmallArms046.jpg

The best of the best Kashi versions. Made in Germany. GDR :grin:

Damn man that Saiga is a good looking gun much respect to you my friend! Does anyone know any good sites to get 7.62X51 / .308 Ammunition at a good price? I prefer it in bulk...I have a friend who is thinking about getting a Galil...tell you the truth I will be getting a Galil as a second rifle I think it is a superb Assault rifle

Damn man that Saiga is a good looking gun much respect to you my friend! Does anyone know any good sites to get 7.62X51 / .308 Ammunition at a good price? I prefer it in bulk...I have a friend who is thinking about getting a Galil...tell you the truth I will be getting a Galil as a second rifle I think it is a superb Assault rifle

Sorry I can't help you out with cheap ammo sources, I live in England, believe it or not.....( although probably not for much longer with a bit of luck )

its alright man...At least your home is safe...feel sorry for the poor bastard who tries to rob you