I'd like a pair of these stovepipes -see below - to fit onto Monty's S-99/Bf109g. Admittedly, they were used only on G-5/6 aircraft, and Monty's is a G-14/AS or G-10, but still...

Is there a way to have an unguided projectile that flies about 1,200 metres before exploding? And that actually does some damage? Because the heavy Flak doesn't seem to...

The photo below is of one of my 50 or so totally reworked G and K series aircraft for CFS3.

The only thing I can think of is to model this as FLAK type gun pods with single airbursting projectile per tube (aren't the Wgr21 tubes tad big..?) dunno about unguided rockets autodestruction, the only entries for missile ballistic times before autodestruction are inside missileobject.ini

I don't think we could model the blast fragmentation in any way as there seem to be none, as far as my me vs. FLAK experience tells (used to be, around WoV SP2 IIRC...)

Effect-side is a no brainer, standard ones or from favourite pack of ones shall do just fine

The only thing I can think of is to model this as FLAK type gun pods with single airbursting projectile per tube (aren't the Wgr21 tubes tad big..?) dunno about unguided rockets autodestruction, the only entries for missile ballistic times before autodestruction are inside missileobject.ini

I don't think we could model the blast fragmentation in any way as there seem to be none, as far as my me vs. FLAK experience tells (used to be, around WoV SP2 IIRC...)

Effect-side is a no brainer, standard ones or from favourite pack of ones shall do just fine

My thinking exactly, except: A. I haven't a clue how to do it in this sim B. No model available C. No fragmentation = no point (the thing that was bothering me most... )

Yes, they are a bit big, but CFS3 has this annoying close-in exaggerated perspective that makes things look even bigger. They are MILES better than the original stock ones though, believe me! They don't work in CFS3 either - you can't fire flak shells from aircraft, and rockets detonate only on contact. The only MS combat sim that did it more-or-less correctly was CFS1, even if the blast was excessive and killed entire formations with two shells!

True, I remember them working in CFS1, the best implementation was in IL2 and EAW (no suprise), but rockets in both CFS1 and 3 were much overpowered.

Creating new gun with parameters of real rockets? The problem I see is bu default all gun projectiles that have speed below 0.7 Mach are removed from calculations, aka the disappearing bullets thing. What was the speed of WGr.21?

The other problem is I think that time-fuzed projectiles are working only for ground-basd guns, but this needs confirmation.

On the other side, since Exp2 we have aerial rockets for Lightnings so looking into those might help..? :dntknw: