Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Service pack 1a Windows 7

Just installed this earlier..and had problems getting online...did a system restore..all ok.....reinstalling now...will let you know what happens

Just installed this earlier..and had problems getting online...did a system restore..all ok.....reinstalling now...will let you know what happens

if you werent before, try using windows update for it and not downloading from the MS webpage. or so they advise....

if you werent before, try using windows update for it and not downloading from the MS webpage. or so they advise....

Yeah, It came down as an auto update...seems to be ok now

Man, I'm always leery of updates to anything, especially if it's working perfectly...

FC

I usually hold off on a service pack 'till I've seen if there's any problems with it. Don't know if that's a good idea though as I may be missing something important.

How are you guys finding?

No problems here tranquillo...but it's early days I spose :drinks:

Just did that VERY Looooong update also---- so far so good.

CW3SF

On some of the FSX sites, it's reported that SP1 isn't playing nicely with FSX, SP2, Acceleration and some FSAddons programs.

I'm standing pat for the time being remembering to well what happened with XP64 SP1.

plug_nickel

Did not see this post earlier, sorry.

Windows 7 is running fine with the new SP1

Works fine here, note the firewall might block changed components, my NOD32 had warnings about file changes even a while later, so maybe it's the firewall UK_W. Try disabling it, and enabling Windows built-in one temporarily then installing?

Hi Pol

Yeah, you musta misread my latest post m8...I uninstalled and reinstaled..and it works fine..thanks

(though if it screws with my FSX..it's outta there!!!)

Just thought I'd check in. I too installed the service pack and so far, all appears well. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find a large piece of wood to knock on!