Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Quitting smoking!!

OK I decided to quit smoking(over a pack aday for over 30 years).So If I make a post and it seems a bit"crankiy" bear with me.I think by the time I'm done I'll own stoch in Werthers!Oh yeah also had to cut back on coffee,drinking EARL GREY tea.Wish me luck and I also challenge anyother smokers to quit.Think about it...30.00 a carton 10 week and video card..new HOTAS..see my point.

NOW KILL THEM ALL!!!! oh sorry :D

24 hours and I'm cranky,and ill tempered( so says my wife) but still no snokes! :D

DAGGER,

Do not give in, 3 months for me as of (1/4/03) its tough but living is better!

-Vercingetorix

congratulations, eat alot, and don't no crap form no-one

Hey Dagger, chewed copenhagen for 22 years. Quit 7 years ago, and except for a few short relapses, finally quit for good 4 years ago. Still wouldnt mind a chew. Its a bit tough when your doing something you associate with it but it can be done. Ya just grit yur teeth and do it. I also learned not to bash myself if I relapsed, it happens. I would just quit again, which of course meant going thru withdrawals again. It was that realization that helped me to finally put a kibosh to the chewin.

I also started chewing non tabbacco mint chew which helped some as a placebo. You might check out this webpage...http://www.quittobacco.com/. They sell the mint chew and have some quit smoking programs.

And whatever you do, DONT replace smoking with eating! Exercise instead. One last thing...asking the Good Lord for a little help never hurt either, I KNOW he walked with me thru all the ups and downs...

I hope I helped. I am real glad I quit. I still find myself grinning from time to time. Feels good not to be a slave to no one or nothing.

OK day 3 and so far so good.The main withdrawal day is past..Thank goodness.

Guest Ranger332

Salute to you keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :angel:

quick update-

8 days and hanging in!

Great job Dagger! Stick with it, it could be the most important decision of your life... :lol:

Oh I feel so much better..the only side effects are - shakes,sweating,weight gain,I'm cranky,night sweats and a small bout of nerves..oh yeah I think my hairs falling out,and I have uncontrollable flatulation...I feel so much better!! :lol: and did I mention the stomach craps,blurred vision and this darn twitch in my right eye,and a rash from the patches.But I'm hangin in! :casstet: :lol:

Hell, all that's just from gettin' old... :lol:

Oh ok...I feel much better now. :lol:

Dagger, I have been a smoker since the Navy in 92 and I think about quitting everyday, but to this point I just haven't wanted to. My Dad quit smoking 20 years ago and he said he just woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and said "I'm gonna quit" He hasn't smoked since. He is now almost 54 and probably in better shape than i am at 32. My mom quit 6 months ago after being a smoker for almost 30 years and she is going strong. You give me hope brother! I know that one day I will wake up and decide that I have had enough and just quit. They may have to lock me up in a padded room for a few days, but from hearing your updates I know it can be done.

Keep up the updates and I'm right behind ya.

Bravo

Zulu

OK starting a another week...I think 3rd...feels like a year.Still going strong,ok I'm going anyways.

Seawolf I actuall quit when I was a"boot" and didn't start back until was home on leave after schools.just decided to start again and did...quit another time for 6 months about 5 years ago.then started again,not sure why.This time I have set a goal...and once there I intend to celebrate by buying a new banjo.

wow...that must take an incredible amount self discipline. I really respect for this. Hope you make ok, but we all know you will :wink: Good Luck!