Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: First Elder Scrolls V "Skyrim" Gameplay video - Unbelieveable!

Looks great and I loved the other versions.....

Actually I must say Im very skeptical about this TES game. Oblivion was a great disappointment (at least for me). Even though graphics were good and the new combat system much better everything else was cut down compared to Morrowind. Much less lore, less skills, less factions, less weapons (I still want my crossbow!), magic was a joke... It was obviously a console game destined for casual gamers. Only after a couple years of excelent mods (such as Midas Magic or Oscuro´s Oblivion Overhaul) did it become good enough.

BTW I still play Morrowind. Its awesome.

There are some pretty amazing mods for Oblivion. I expect things will be no different with the new game, which alone makes it worth buying.

Looks great Hellshade. I'm also looking forward to the next Dragon Age out sooner.

I have recently got Dragon Age and found it rather disappointing.

The graphics were not too good looking, and the gameplay / control of the charakter was absurd.

Still hoping for something, were the fighting works more naturally.

Actually I must say Im very skeptical about this TES game. Oblivion was a great disappointment (at least for me). Even though graphics were good and the new combat system much better everything else was cut down compared to Morrowind. Much less lore, less skills, less factions, less weapons (I still want my crossbow!), magic was a joke... It was obviously a console game destined for casual gamers. Only after a couple years of excelent mods (such as Midas Magic or Oscuro´s Oblivion Overhaul) did it become good enough.

I've seen a lot of people saying exactly that.

Edited by Von Paulus

It looks to me like they incorporated at least some of the mod ideas put into Oblivion into this. Notice the blood on the player when he gets wounded? I'm betting they include a great many other things that were mods for Oblivion as standard for this. And since it will be as openly modded as Oblivion was, it'll get even better as time goes by. It definately ranks high on my Must Buy for 2011 list.

Hellshade

Dragon Age bored me to be honest very quickly...I lasted longer on Oblivion but I hate the way the enemies level up with you...I did get bored yet again and soon lost interest in Oblivion.

Maybe this one will keep my attention longer...but I doubt it.

Anyway OFF P4 will be out around then so I will be very busy...;)

Edited by Wodin

Dragon Age bored me to be honest very quickly...I lasted longer on Oblivion but I hate the way the enemies level up with you...I did get bored yet again and soon lost interest in Oblivion.

Maybe this one will keep my attention longer...but I doubt it.

Anyway OFF P4 will be out around then so I will be very busy...;)

Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul mod creates level enemy lists that do not level up with you. So it's quite possible to walk into a dungeon and get thumped by something significantly higher level than you. It also adds a ton of other content and changes. Might be worth a try.

Hellshade

Dragon Age is fairly dull initially, but if you stick with it it does eventually really open up more as you play. You suss out the combat more too and have a lot more options as it grows - you start off with no moves nothing interesting. Pause a lot in combat helps.

Some great character chats as you walk along with your party members who may hate each other hurling whitty abuse.

Alistair is very funny :D

Certainly looks like they'll improve the combat!...Oblivion's combat was just soooooo lame!

That looks pretty great..

I have a love affair with TES Oblivion on my ps3....It s my go to game when nothing much else interests me...

I have no doubt that this Skyrim will just add to this love affair.

I am a fan of Bethesda games. Loved Morrowind, Oblivion and Jade Empire. I am in hopes of getting a PS3 before long so as to play the Fallout games, Skyrim and replay Oblivion.

Do yourself a favour by buying a PC instead. You will not play P4 or any decent game in a console. And Jade Empire is BioWhore BioWare.

Edited by Von Paulus

VP, you are right. Jade Empire was BioWare. As for a gaming PC I will be working toward that as well. My problem is I am not tech savvy and PC's are forever changing. I wonder what we will need to properly run P4.

For P4 an Intel I3 with the fastest clock speed will be enough. A graphic card a Nvidia 470 or a ATI 6870. 4Gb DDR. A hardisk with 1TB for your downloads.

If you want to play other games than change the I3 to a I5 or I7 with 4 or more real cores.

When you want to buy just pop the question in these boards, and I'm sure someone will answer you.