Sign in to follow this  
cianw1

Wings Over Vietnam won't start?

Ok i got WOV this morning and installed it,hyper lobby and directx9. i tried to start it using shortcut and then the main wway. it didnt start so i restarted my computer and tried it still no luck. i have windows xp not vista. when i start it it sounds as if its going to start, i can hear the machine start humming louder etc but then it will go quiet after a bit and nothing happens? i have SFG and had no problems with that. i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Okay once you uninstall restart your PC and then install... it may be a corrupt copy...

what resolution your monitor uses? WOV is maybe starting with a resolution not supportedby your monitor ...

im not sure im on a macbook pro but running bootcamp windws xp like i said i had no problems with strike fighters gold.

i dont have to use hyperlobby to play single player do i? ive just been trying to open WOV but maybe im supposed to use hyperlobby to get to it?

if anyone has even the slightest idea can you say because i want to try anything before sending the game back to amazon and getting a refund.

It's trying to check the disc's validity with Thirdwire (which they no longer do) so you need to update WOV to the Oct '08 patch as this gets rid the problem. I had this a few days ago when my copy of WOV arrived, there's a thread on the TW forums about it.

• Like 1

It's trying to check the disc's validity with Thirdwire (which they no longer do) so you need to update WOV to the Oct '08 patch as this gets rid the problem. I had this a few days ago when my copy of WOV arrived, there's a thread on the TW forums about it.

ahh thankyou how/where do i download the patch?

nvm i got it. hopefully this will work.

i dont know why 3w dont have some sort of auto message telling you you need the update or anything. i was searching through google and forums literally all day :blink:

i dont know why 3w dont have some sort of auto message telling you you need the update or anything. i was searching through google and forums literally all day :blink:

Well, when you buy a software and it doesn´t work the first thing to do is look for updates. Specially with an old software like Wings over Vietnam (released in 2004). And in this case you dont even have to go to the developers webpage, the latest patch is right here at Combat Ace.