Dave

What If Screenshot Thread.......

Forgive my ignorance, Eric, but I am interested to know why the Hornet is a "what-if"?

Paint scheme is the main reason why I post it here, as it's my "personal what if I was the CO of VFA-2" design. As you see below the "100" (CAG) and the "101" (CO) aircraft are identical except of course for the numbers (100 and 101). And if you look at the nose right above my above screenshot I use the CO bird (101) as my "numbers" making it a What If. True VFA-2 is a real unit but the scheme, along with the "Lucky Girl" one are ones that do not exist in the real world. Besides the weapon load is based off of the old CAS loadout (modded to my requirements) which works out well for the Afghanistan map.

post-5735-0-73273100-1299793493.jpg

What is this plane, Spinners ?

Mirage III G "Gustav" :cool:

gallery_12323_558_121023.jpg

gallery_12323_558_237288.jpg

gallery_12323_558_71635.jpg

gallery_12323_558_141453.jpg

What-if by PGC and Ravenclaw ! :good:

• Like 1

It's AleDucat's SAIA90 - the link below my picture will take you to it and torno has released two skins for it.

Those West German Mirages are fantastic.

PARANIYAK-4502.jpg

Yak-45 'Fullback' - Paran Peoples Republic Air Force. 1991

VPAFFANTAIL04.jpg

Gepard's Fantail tackles Veltro2K's Bell F-109A!!

Great match-up! :cool:

Here is my upgraded German Mirage IIIG+, a project of the late 70ies. The camo is way too modern and I still got to work on it, I know... I just do not like Norm 81 much.

img00123p.jpg

This is PGC's Mirage IIIG, upgraded by me (most important: Avon engine, Cyrano IV radar, Mauser BK 27, RWR, countermeasures, and SARS), and painted with a new skin.

Edited by PraetorHonoris
  • Like 1

-

post-5735-0-77184100-1300030195.jpg

Nice work on the Mirage PH. Love the 'Avon' stencilling!

Great match-up! :cool:

Here is my upgraded German Mirage IIIG+, a project of the late 70ies. The camo is way too modern and I still got to work on it, I know... I just do not like Norm 81 much.

This is PGC's Mirage IIIG, upgraded by me (most important: Avon engine, Cyrano IV radar, Mauser BK 27, RWR, countermeasures, and SARS), and painted with a new skin.

:clapping::good:

ROYALNAVYC20105.jpg

ROYALNAVYC20106.jpg

BAe/Convair Corona FG.2 - No.800 Naval Air squadron, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, 1986

• Like 1

Looks like something from another planet Spin!

BAe/Convair Corona FG.2 - No.800 Naval Air squadron, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, 1986

Spinner, Is he releasing this plane soon? Looks great with the Royal Navy.

Edited by EricJ

Spinners, Is he releasing this plane soon? Looks great with the Royal Navy.

Yes, I'm sure it'll be quite soon - about two weeks.

BTW Please don't reply with pictures!

Less than two weeks, if I can help it. Some cockpit issues remain and may add a dedicated droptank.

Also, and I'm not sure what the designers intended, but I added inner wing stations and the centerline station. The official references do not show anything else other than the wingtip and recessed Sparrow stations which IMO seems ridiculously limited. One problem that I haven't figured out is how the Sparrows launch if anything is carried on the centerline like a fueltank or whatever. Carrying droptanks on the wing stations leaves only the centerline for offensive stores. What do you think?

Edited by Julhelm

Less than two weeks, if I can help it. Some cockpit issues remain and may add a dedicated droptank.

Also, and I'm not sure what the designers intended, but I added inner wing stations and the centerline station. The official references do not show anything else other than the wingtip and recessed Sparrow stations which IMO seems ridiculously limited. One problem that I haven't figured out is how the Sparrows launch if anything is carried on the centerline like a fueltank or whatever. Carrying droptanks on the wing stations leaves only the centerline for offensive stores. What do you think?

why don't place the centerline station and recessed sparrows as part of the same stations group?

On attack Duties remove sparrows, taking only sidewinders for self-defense and A2G Ordnance.

It is set up like this now, but unfortunately that also precludes carrying a droptank on the centerline for AA missions while carrying the tanks on the wing stations takes away the ability to carry Sparrow or Sidewinder there.

how about a third Sparrrow on the centreline whilst carrying tanks on the wings? Or hydrailic/pneumatic rams to push the recessed missiles down and outboard of the tank before launch?

Craig