India-Pakistan Terrain

India-Pakistan Terrain

-For SF2, Full-4 Merged, Reccomended (plus ExpPak1)-

India-Pakistan Mod, Part 1

This is the first part of the India-Pakistan mod. This package =ONLY= contains the Terrain itself. Follow on packs will the the full GroundObjects, Weapons, Menu Screens, and later, aircraft. (ExpansionPak 1 will be needed for the Vampires, and possibly some others)

This terrain is designed for use with a stand-alone Indo-Pak Mods Folder. Instructions for creating a seperate I/P install are in a seprate Word Doc, and are covered in the CombatAce SF2 Series Knowledge Base. However, it can be placed into any /Terrains folder. Just be advised you'll be missing a LOT of things! Please read the aformentioned Doc for details.

Usage in a 'all is everything' install is NOT reccomended. Doable, yes. Advisable, no. You've been warned.

It is ALSO highly reccomended you READ this entire document through before installing this mod. If you don't, you're SURE to run into problems. And then, we'll clown on you.

Happy Landings!

For the India-Pak Mod Team,

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey so this is just the terrain itself right? :lol:

Thanks Kevin and all that was involved in this India-Pak Mod clapping.gifgood.gifdrinks.gif

I mean Terrain grin.gif

Edited by ace888

:lol:

dude,you quak me up!!

wrench

kevin stein

lolz though still looks nice from a quick fly through.... though I went more westish hoping to get in the Asadabad area but nope the wall covers that but I'm thinking of altering it slighlty (even though it looks like Kandahar was my only option) but I'm sure I can have some fun with it, guess I'm bombing the Khyber pass though...

Only bug is just renaming the planning maps from "India1" etc. to "PLANNINGMAP1" makes it viewable in KMD. Yeah I got Exp2 and patched up but KMD in some cases is still more reliable than the inbuilt mission editor.

german firefighters in india/pakistan ??? i dont think so :nono:

you should have changed the plate number :acute: :lol:

excellent idea with the reminder :good:

i didn't even know the Faun's HAD a liscence plate! Never looked at them that closly!

The CASign is in EVERY terrain mod I do ... just my little way of saying "Thanks" (it even shows up on the FirstEagles WW1 Palestine terrain - I love anachronisms!)

wrench

kevin stein

In the india-pakistan_terrain_readme file, there is written:

"........However, it can be placed into any /Terrains folder. Just be advised you'll be missing a LOT of things!!!" :this:

Which of these things I'm missing?? :dntknw:

A lot

wrench

kevin stein

EricJ::

KMD in some cases is still more reliable than the inbuilt mission editor.

Interesting. I should hang out in the mission forum more. Could it be simply lack of familiarity with TKMD ... idiosyncraties (lol sp?). I use KMD like breathing air but its so natural now, and I don't even think about using it. But it took time to get there.

EricJ::

Interesting. I should hang out in the mission forum more. Could it be simply lack of familiarity with TKMD ... idiosyncraties (lol sp?). I use KMD like breathing air but its so natural now, and I don't even think about using it. But it took time to get there.

It's not like the inbuilt mission editor is totally screwed... it's just that when I setup DACT sessions that sometimes my opponent would spawn, and sometimes not. KMD setup missions things for the most part work as they should. For "pass the time" missions I use the inbuilt mission editor and that works fine.

It's not like the inbuilt mission editor is totally screwed... it's just that when I setup DACT sessions that sometimes my opponent would spawn, and sometimes not. KMD setup missions things for the most part work as they should. For "pass the time" missions I use the inbuilt mission editor and that works fine.

the integrated misson editor is good to setup the general layout of the mission, but due to some limitations (mainly lack of high zoom)i think the mission edited with it must be refined with kreelin mission editor for object placement for exemple.

so they complete each other.

No India/Pakistan terrain will be complete without this:

32ff681e4c18934dfd3363579b52f609o.jpg

tejas.jpg

Soon, for SF1/SF2.. good.gif

• Like 2

sweet AD!:drinks:

NICE!!!

No India/Pakistan terrain will be complete without this:

tejas.jpg

Soon, for SF1/SF2.. good.gif

Alejandro, the Tejas in its current status is a bit different than the one you have modeled. You probably modeled the initial model. The Tejas that has received Initial Operational Clearance hand the one that will go into IAF service soon has an intake duct near the spot where the tail fin meets the spine:

DSC_1058-lca-ramp.jpg

KH2011-1.jpg

But you probably hasn't noticed that the screenshot that I've posted is from.. almost 2 years ago! It doesn't have any antenna, pitot tubes, even the control surfaces are still uncutted.. And that is because I didn't take any new pic of Tejas. So let me show you wink.gif

tejas01.jpg

tejas02.jpg

BTW, it took me this long because of the lack of pics of it's main landing gear.. Luckyly I found this..

vrimg87dn.jpg

.. and was able to do this..

gearwu.jpg

gear1k.jpg

gear2z.jpg

Edited by AleDucat
  • Like 1

But you probably hasn't noticed that the screenshot that I've posted is from.. almost 2 years ago! It doesn't have any antenna, pitot tubes, even the control surfaces are still uncutted.. And that is because I didn't take any new pic of Tejas. So let me show you wink.gif

Alejandro,

That is just :yikes::cool::good::cool: