Is there any way of aiming when level bombing, say a 52' at 50k? In sf1 i just hit '.' and had a bit of blue tack stuck on the monitor for roughly where the bombs would hit!

Practice as far as I know there isn't. Not many of us level bomb that high.

Is there any way of aiming when level bombing, say a 52' at 50k? In sf1 i just hit '.' and had a bit of blue tack stuck on the monitor for roughly where the bombs would hit!

Yes - but not with any accuracy if you are using MK-xx dumb bombs - One problem being the ground height is always changing - although I think the bombs wont be affected by wind in SF so you might get fairly close with practise and by rippling lots of them.

Edited by MigBuster

That's why most of us just let the AI handle it ... it does a pretty good job of hitting the ground :grin:

wrench

kevin stein

Here in the sim the accuracy at level bombing is simply not possible because on most tactical fighter aircarft you don't have any sight to do that (as in real life) and the ground radar is not of great help in discriminating targets and giving the proper information on when to release. For accurate delivery of unguided bombs there are other tecniques that indeed permit the drop with a better degree of accuracy and better chances to survive in the enemy air defense environment. BTW I've noticed that the AI use the level bombing only in strike missions, and the release is done when they reach waypoint 5 (target) and most of the time as Wrench wrote they hit nothing that ground.

i don't know about 50,000 feet but a more realistic 30,000 is doable - this is what I found here- link and link and link or link

I Haven't tried it Good luck.

Edited by Icarus999

BTW I've noticed that the AI use the level bombing only in strike missions, and the release is done when they reach waypoint 5 (target) and most of the time as Wrench wrote they hit nothing that ground.

I've had AI always destroy their targets so far.

Granted, they waste all their bombs on a single fuel tank or the center of the runway, but it was always enough to get Red Crown to clear us for RTB.

Makes for a nice backup in case you're too stupid to bring your weapons to bear.

As for level bombing: I'm only doing it from low altitude (1000, 2000 ft) with a good bit of intuition, luck and experience.